A Bloody Night

John sat in his room for a while and looked down at his bandaged hands, he unwrapped the bandages and saw they were stitched up "I guess those two wolves made my injuries worse" John muttered to himself as he wrapped the bandages back up. He sighed deeply as he heard someone walk into the room, it was Iris "Hey, Are you feeling alright?" Iris asked as John scooted away from her "No, you won't let me leave for some strange reason" John said as Iris brushed her golden hair out of her face "look, You can leave the house but you can't go too deep into the woods, it's for your safety" John glared at her for a minute. "John, if there is anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask," Iris said as she wrapped her arms around John and held him close to her for a minute "I-iris?" John muttered before he realized how warm she was, John hesitated for a minute but he eventually hugged her back. John felt his heart beat faster as his face heated up with a blush "I need to finish some work but dinner will be at 7" Iris informed John as she let him go and left the room.

John smiled for a bit and reached into his pocket, he felt the silver knife and pulled it out, he looked at the engraved name on the knife and took a deep breath. John stood up and walked over to the window near the bed and opened it, it was surprisingly unlocked. John jumped out the window, luckily he was on the first floor of the house which he now realized was really big, it was basically a mansion "Iris seems like a nice person but I have a life to get back to" John muttered to himself as he ran across the large field until he reached a fence. John jumped the fence and ran into the woods. Back in the house, Iris decided she needed some fresh air so she walked over to John's room to see if he wanted to come with her, it would be a great opportunity for them to bond and get to know each other better. Iris made her way towards John's room and opened the door to find it empty and saw the window was open "John?" Iris called out as she looked out the window and sniffed the air to get John scent, her eyes shot open as she realized John had gone into the woods "No, No, No! John!" Iris yelled in a panicked voice as Harvey ran in "Ma'am, is everything alright?" Harvey asked as be noticed Iris' panic.

Iris jumped out of the window as she shifted into her wolf form and ran into the woods, deep within the woods John ran as fast as he could "If I keep running I should hopefully find a road or something!" John thought as he kept running Through the woods. John hear something crash through the woods, he turned around to see if something or someone was chasing him when he was suddenly tripped to the floor, John fell to the floor with a loud Thud. He groaned in pain and looked up to see a man dressed in black with a red trench coat, he had long black hair that reached down to his shoulders and blood red eyes similar to John's. The man leaned in and offered his hand to John "Are you alright, child?" The man's voice was dead calm which both terrified and calmed John at the same time, before John could accept the man's help Iris jumped in between them and growled at the man. The man sighed as he took a few steps back "Iris, what are you doing here? You know this is my property" The man said as Iris walked behind a nearby tree and shifted back to normal before walking over to John and helping him to his feet "Balthazar, stay the hell away from him" Iris said as she pulled John close to her.

Balthazar rolled his eyes as he looked at John "How unlike you, Iris" Balthazar said with a devilish smirk "Are you the same Iris who ripped a hunter's throat out last month?" Balthazar sarcastically asked which made Iris freeze in place. John looked at her as she hugged him tighter "John is not a danger to anyone! I killed that hunter to protect my pack!" Iris yelled at Balthazar as he grinned wider "Then Why is he carrying silver?" Balthazar asked in a cold voice. Iris did not have an answer for that "Now, give me one good reason why I shouldn't take that human from you by force?" Balthazar asked while looking at John like he was food, Iris knew why she was defending John but she was not ready to tell him, she knew John would only have even more questions but she had no choice, she needed to keep things between werewolves and vampires stable. Iris took a deep breath and looked Balthazar in the eye "John...Is my Mate!" Iris yelled as Balthazar looked surprised "A human mate, how interesting, are you sure he is prepared for the life we live?" Balthazar asked but Iris simply glared at him.

Balthazar smirked as he turned around to leave "see you soon, Iris" Balthazar said calmly as he walked deeper into the woods. After a few seconds he strangely seemed to disappear, John sighed in relief, he turned to look at Iris who looked extremely angry "Iris, are you-" he was cut off by Iris growling and pulled him back towards the house while muttering to herself. Iris glanced back at John and sighed deeply "You will be staying with me in my room" Iris said firmly, John did not argue since he did not want to piss her off more but he was far too curious for his own good "Iris, What are you?" John asked as Iris sighed and looked at John "I'm sorry you had to find out this way but I guess the cat's out of the bag, I and the rest of the people I live with...We are all werewolves" Iris said as John stood there for a minute "That guy, Balthazar...He's a vampire" Iris explained as John took a step back.

While John processed the information they made it back to the house. Iris held John's arm tightly as she made her way upstairs and into her room, she sat John down and took a deep breath "Iris, I-" before John could say something he saw Iris begin to cry, John stood up and walked over to her "John, Please never do anything that stupid again! I'm sorry I have kept you here, I know it was wrong but if you went out on your own Balthazar would have either turned you or killed you, I'm sorry about that" Iris apologized as John hugged her. John looked at Iris, John's face was a deep red "I'm also sorry that I never told you that you were my mate" John sighed deeply and looked at Iris, her body was warm and It made his heart beat faster. "Iris, I have people to get back to, A life to return to" John explained as Iris looked sad "But, If you are serious about this mate thing...Maybe you can visit me" John said as Iris looked up at him and smiled "R-really? I-i thought you would hate me" John sighed deeply "I do not hate you, I wanna try to get to know you better" John admitted. Iris smiled as she buried her face into John's shirt "I'll take you back home tomorrow" Iris promised as John Thanked her.