𝙊𝙣𝙚

Ever since that day, Tatsuya changed into a whole new person. He bottled up his feelings of guilt and hid the bottle away. He became more verbally aggressive towards people and his parents. His heart had turned stone cold. The years of his parents neglecting him and treating him dirt stuck under the bottom of their shoes resulted in him rebelling against them constantly.

He didn't want to succeed the legacy of jujutsu sorcerers in their family. He didn't want to continue what his brother was supposed to do. It didn't feel right to Tatsuya to be used as a last resort. It made his blood boil. Even when Ryota was alive, his parents didn't really see Tatsuya as his own person.

There wasn't any difference now. He was just a damaged object they were trying to fix. His parents didn't hide the evident disgust they felt for him whenever he was in their presence. 

Before it used to hurt to see the way they glared at him and addressed him as if he was nothing but a speck of dust in the air but now he had grown numb to their behavior. He didn't care anymore what they thought of him.

Tatsuya laid his back onto the floor, his legs outstretched and arms resting behind his head. His gaze blankly zeroing on the dark brown ceiling. He was used to the house being silent ever since Ryota's death. Apart from the sounds of the servants walking past his room and distant family members visiting them to have dinner, the house felt eerily empty.

He breathed out a sigh, tugging his lips upwards into a scowl. 

"Not as if I give a shit," he grumbled.

A soft knock on the door pulled him out of his thoughts as he grunted in irritation. Couldn't he be left alone in this damn house for a moment?

"Yeah, yeah, come in," he lazily drawled. 

Despite growing up with most of these servants, he couldn't remember a single one of their names. 

One of the female servants that worked here timidly slid the door open, her hands trembling as she clutched them in front of her stomach. He knew that the servants gossiped about him and his older brother's accidental death. He had overheard a conversation of two of them talking about him when he was younger.

"Poor parents to see such a horrific sight."

"I wouldn't know what to do if my own child did that."

"I agree. Don't you think Tatsuya-sama has always seemed a bit different from the rest of the family?"

"I have. From the day he was born."

He was aware of what they said about him even to this day. 

"What is it?" Tatsuya moodily asked, not in the mood to deal with anything else that had to do with seeing other people or even interacting with them.

The young woman visibly flinched at the rough tone of his voice, her head lowered in fright. "U-Um, your parents have requested to see you," she cleared her throat. "They said it's very important."

His parents? What could they want from him? After all, weren't they the ones that hated being in his presence and now they were requesting to see him. It didn't make sense to him.

"Hah? Important? Tell them to buzz off," Tatsuya harshly growled, feeling anger surge through his body. 

"Tatsuya-sama, I cannot tell them that," she desperately gaped. "Please, it's very urgent. They would like to see you right now."

Tatsuya let out a noise of indignation, throwing his head back in exasperation before lifting himself off of the wooden floor. 

He sluggishly trudged over to the door, stopping right in front of the young woman with a playful smirk on his lips. With a hooded gaze, he leered at her with piercing red eyes. Taken aback, the young woman fearfully swallowed and froze.