6

Mum = Amelia or Mila

Maman = Lara

The day finished with my friends walking out the building with me. They were wondering if I wanted to walk home with them, but I saw Duomo's Maserati. Was that really the least lavish car he owned? I told them my brother was picking me up. They smiled and waved bye to me.

I walked out the lot and motioned for Duomo to drive out. Thankfully, he got the hint. When no one was around, I entered the car with a huff. Duomo chuckled at the glare he was receiving.

"Sooooo how was your day?" He drove off.

"I said less flashy car!" I hissed.

"It is less flashy than a Lamborghini." He chuckled. "Believe me... I asked multiple people and they agreed the Maserati was less flashy." He sped down the street. "How was school, principessa?"

"It was good! I made some friends!" He gave me a friendly nudge.

"I'm so glad!" He loudly spoke. "What are their names?"

"Vera, Mel, Romeo, and Marco. Vera was my main guide around the school. We share some classes together. Mel is in my music class and I met the boys at lunch." I smiled. "Oh, and you did well with the schedule!" I gave him a thankful pat.

"Thank you, principessa." He made a turn to park near the beach. "How about we get some celebratory gelato?" I jumped up and down in my seat.

X

When I got home (after gelato funtime) my moms were eagerly waiting. Well, everyone was eagerly waiting. They asked how everything went and were relieved when I told them I had fun. My moms wanted all the deets, which I happily supplied them with.

Ellio told me he'd be at school with me tomorrow (he missed the day to help his mother with some errands). He felt bad about leaving me hanging. He was really nervous how my first day would progress, so he was ecstatic when I told him I had fun. He knew the people in my friend group and approved of them.

I observed him smile widely when he spoke about Vera. He literally spent 10 minutes gushing about how amazing and smart Vera is. I teased him about his not so subtle crush. He blushed redder than a tomato and firmly denied his obvious crush. I rolled my eyes, but didn't press him anymore.

We spoke for a couple more hours before calling it a night. I went to get one of my mothers, but saw them in the office with Dante and Duomo. I didn't want to bother them, so I crept to my room. I let out a deep breath and controlled the fear inside my body.

I cautiously walked to my bed and lied down. This would be the first time one of my moms didn't sleep with me. I was scared for the night terror, but hopefully they'd be gone by now. I closed my eyes and allowed the darkness to consume me.

I screamed bloody murder as Dr. Abramovich used a silver blade to make gashes along my skin. He was testing my healing abilities, which were unfortunately above average. My body quickly healed, but after numerous incisions along my skin, it has become severely weakened.

He had been pleased with the results and wanted to test different ways to kill me... in the most inhumane way possible. He started by suffocating me to death, where my lungs were on fire. When I revived again, he tested how many stab wounds my body could endure before it gave out.

I began screaming and crying as he kept impaling me. He chuckled at my tears and allowed his colleagues to have a go with the blade. I tried begging for them to have mercy on me, but they just laughed in my face. I blacked out when the blade pierced my heart.

"Zena." My mum gently shook me.

I bolted up and clutched onto my mummy. She held me as I shook. My mum ran her hand through my hair and tried to calm me down, but I was inconsolable. Even though it was a memory, I could still feel the pain and desperation. I was terrified that I'd return to that life again.

"Oh, Z." She held me tighter. "You're safe now." She cooed. "You're safe." She rubbed my back.

I felt safe in her arms. I still didn't stop crying and my grasp didn't weaken. She allowed me the comfort and safety her arms provided. I felt exhausted and probably fell asleep in her arms.

Do you want to see what Dr. Abramovich looks like?