11

Mum = Amelia or Mila

Maman = Lara

Duomo wasted no time in running through the school to find me. He threw open the door with a loud bang. Both Naomi and I jolted from the sound. He sprinted to my side and placed a hand on my forehead.

"Are you alright, principessa?" His voice was filled with concern.

"Feeling better, Duomo." I gave him a small smile.

"You scared me, little one." He let out a breath of relief. "Your parents are even more concerned. Mind if I take you home?" He wasted no time in picking me up bridal style.

"I don't think I have an option." I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh, she helped bring me here." I pointed at Naomi, who was trying to sneak out the room.

"Hmm..."

He whizzed around with a smile, probably to thank her. Naomi stopped since she was caught trying to slip away. When Duomo looked at her, his smile dropped. She stiffened and stood straighter than a pole. It felt tense in the air between them. Did they know each other? I heard a low, guttural growl in the back of Duomo's throat. I hit his chest to reprimand him.

"Thanks." He spat and brushed past her.

I looked over his shoulder to see Naomi staring at him with hatred. When her eyes met mine, they softened. She sent me a small smile before Duomo rounded the corner. He swiftly exited the school and took me to the car. I was grateful that class was in session because I didn't want anyone seeing Duomo carrying me like a baby.

He placed me in the passenger seat and strapped me in. He was in such a rush that he blurred to the other side. He started the car and sped out the car park. I yelled at the speed he drifted onto the main road. He began racing down the narrow streets. I looked at him with wide eyes. He was driving like a madman.

"Duomo!" He spared me a glance. "You need to slow down!" He sighed and decreased the speed. "What was that Duomo?! What happened back there?!"

"Lost my cool back there, principessa. Sorry." He glanced at me.

"Why? How do you know Naomi?" His grip tightened on the steering wheel.

"She's not human." He simply stated. "I wish Ellio mentioned that little fact. Then, I'd have been suspicious from day numero uno." He held up a finger.

"Okay, but that'd be hypocritical of me to hold her species against her. I'm a mongrel of species." Duomo chuckled at my comment. "What is she anyways? Must be bad if she's gotten you shaken up." I crossed my arms.

"She's a lustful demon." He glanced at me. "Or succubi if you wish." He focused his attention back on the road. "Do you know what a succubi is?" He turned his head to me.

"Based on your lustful descriptor, I have an idea. Makes sense why she's always over different guys... do you hate her because of a past or-"

"She works a lot with our enemies and aided in the vampires occupying Napoli under your grandfather's direction. She's bad. Do not spend time with her." He shot me a warning look. "She's manipulating, calculating-"

"Got it. She's bad bad." I chuckled. "Don't worry. I don't really like her that much anyways." I kinda lied.

"Unfortunately, she seems to be quite smitten with you." Duomo pulled into the driveway. He turned the car off and stayed still for a while. He then turned to look at me. "She's known to have no morals or loyalty. She does whatever benefits her. Be careful."