𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼. 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡.

trying to decipher your own feelings can be hard enough on the best of days

trying to decipher your own feelings can be hard enough on the best of days. add in mental health, long distance and someone caught in the middle? it becomes a whole lot harder. 

right? 

for most people the answer would be yes, it would be enough to make you want to crawl in a hole and forget feelings ever existed. for valencia knight though? nothing could've shaken her feelings. 

not the threat of long distance, not the fact she didn't even know what her man looked like nor his real name. she was as sure in her emotions as was the sun would rise. 

that was of course, until they weren't reciprocated. 

val & daves apartment, 7:54pm GMT

1 New Text Message - 1 Min Ago
mr husband man<3

can we talk? i'm sorry about so much and i think
you deserve to know the truth about why i acted
that way. xx 

val stared and stared and stared, yet the words refused to register in her mind. he was sorry? about what, why was he sorry? she couldn't wrap her head around the fact that he was apologising, corpse had done nothing wrong. it wasn't his fault he didn't like her back. 

the voices of her friends began to resonate with her once more and val found herself zoning back into the conversation. she rose her head to see four sets of concerned faces staring her down. val blinked twice.

"are you okay? has connor said something else?" bella was the first to speak up, her voice was woven with tones of curiosity and underlying threats of anger. 

"no," val shook her head, "corpse said he's sorry..." her hand reached up to tuck away a stray piece of her hair. "i just don't know why. i already accepted that he didn't like me back, we spoke about it, its not like i was upset or angry. what does he mean?" 

three pairs of eyes widened in recognition while the fourth squinted in confusion. poor will, he had no idea what the girl was going on about. then again when did he? 

"why don't you go and call him, he probably wants to check and see if you're okay after everything too." dave reached a hand out and clasped it against her shoulder. it was strong and warm, it was his way of reassuring val that everything would be okay. 

murmurs of agreement rose from the throats of bella and daisy, nodding along with dave. again, will was looking around the room, waiting for someone to let him in on what was happening in vain.  

val nodded her head slowly as she rose to her feet, phone tucked in her hands she weaved through the empty discarded plates of food and headed down the dark hallway toward her room. "someone fill william in while i'm gone!" was the last thing the others heard as vals door slammed shut behind her.