[Chapter 1 Preview] - Cave Story

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your Name
(L/N) - Last Name
(S/C) - Skin Color
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(A/N) - Author's Note

===========================

(Author's POV)

So... Ever heard of that one tale? The one about humans and monsters? Where the humans freed everyone from the darkness?

Of course you have! It's been all over the internet! For almost six years now! Toxified and retold over and over and OVER again. It's been Rule 34-ed, fetish-ized, AU-ed, etc. You name it!

Well, unless you're living under a rock like some sort of starfish, that is. Let me tell you that exact story...

...

Long ago... Two nations lived together in harmony...

Then, everything changed when the human nation atta-

???: WRONG SCRIPT DUMBASS!

O-Oh... My bad.

...

...

...

...

...

Ahem...

Once upon a time, two races ruled over the Earth, HUMANS and MONSTERS. One day, war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magical spell...

That's how it all began? Damn, I can't imagine the shithead who started the war.

In anycase, many MANY years after that event, a young girl with an adventurous spirit decided to climb the cursed mountain. Legends said that those who climb the mountain never return.

So why would a young girl such as herself climb the mountain, when she knew about the risks about never coming back? That'll be explained later in this book.

So the girl finished climbing up the mountain, and there was a massive pit that just led into darkness. Do you know what's the first thing she did?

She legit does a Phillip DeFranco and just JUMPED into the hole!

Yeah I couldn't believe it either. It was then-

???: Miagaru!

Oh, here's our favorite boi now.

This teenage boy with (S/C) skin, straight (H/C) hair, (E/C) eyes, and some (F/C) glasses started floating down from the entrance of Mount Ebott, safely landing onto the bed of golden flowers.

He was wearing a blue shirt with a giant white circle with a red letter "M" in the center, and some dark blue skinny jeans. Shoes? That's for your own imagination. He also was carrying a (F/C) backpack with some spare clothes, your Nintendo Switch, and some extra trinkets. He was also wearing a light gray jacket that was zipped up all the way.

A light green glow was emitted around his body until he touched the ground. He looked at his surroundings and took note that he was standing on a bed of yellow flowers.

???: So... Here we are.

???: Seems like it.

Took you two long enough.

???: Shush it Author-Kun.

???: He still has the power to erase you from this self-insert fanfiction, you know.