I promised

Hai haiii!! Another chapter here for your enjoyment :))))) Have a good morning day noon or night wherever in the world you may be :DD -GTR

Hey, what's up? I'm not gonna tell you my name, so don't worry about that. I am 25 as of last April.

I don't know why I'm supposed to be talking to you, the people listening, but here I am. Apparently I'm supposed to tell you about me, my story.  Trust me, this is a waste of both our times, but here you still are listening to my dumbass. Listen, I promised someone I'd try, try to be a better person, and I've tried. So, here I still am because of a promise to someone that wouldn't even care if I broke it.

My story isn't to exciting, so if your expecting something great sorry to disappoint I guess.  I used to try to be in the spotlight, my career depended on that. I used to think i deserved to be in the center of attention, arrogant, right? I stopped thinking like that when I died. Don't misunderstand and go ballistic think "oh this ass hole died what the hell?" no, I did die, I was just brought back.

I distanced myself from everyone for awhile/ I couldn't handle the sympathetic looks, sympathy in general.  I hated, and still hate it.

I was assigned a mission that involved crossovers with another agency. That's where it began.

I had to pick someone to partner with during the mission or have someone assigned. I'd rather worked by myself but due to some damned safety aspects I just had to pick or be assigned someone. I reviewed the damn endless files of heroes and sidekicks. It was necessary torture. I ended up with some one from the high school I went to.

I'd heard a bunch about her lately, it was good news though.  we met up on patrol to talk about a game plan for the upcoming mission. We figured if we talked in public on patrol, it would just look like heroes talking and walking and drinking coffee and not making some big ass plan for some dangerous mission. She'd dubbed it "hell's mission" because of how dangerous it was supposed to be.

...

"W-where are we? did we just fall through the floor...?"

" damnit! who ever collapsed the ground is gonna pay for this shit!"

" Shhh! be quiet! there could be someone down here, like a villain!"

"Don't tell me what to do! I already thought of that. And don't roll your eyes at me either!"

"Whatever you say. we just got to get back up..."

"Your legs bleeding, stupid."

" I know that! It hurts really frickin' bad too."

"If you're to injured we can't finish this mission."

"I'm not that injur- watch out!"

bang 

crash

thud

"No- no- nonononono, this can't be happening, not again! Don't walk towards the light whatever you do and don't fall asleep. please! Don't go---"

...

people do bad things when there is nothing better to do. pathetic people do pathetic things.

I'd never say it out loud, but I really didn't hate when she came over and helped me after I died. The day I realized I looked forward to her coming over spontaneously, I hated myself.  I didn't want to rely on anyone, and she knew that. I'd bet you a hundred that she blamed herself for what happened. Bet you a whole one thousand she thought she could have made me move faster or something  so that I wouldn't have died that day. It wasn't her fault, though. I never blamed her for it, and I sure as hell should've told her a million times over and over again. 

During that mission, we got sidetracked. The guy we were tracking managed to get a hit on me, the bastard. It was backhanded of him, and I hate to admit this outloud, but, he had a, like, gun quirk or something?

Well, that ass hole shot me straight in my chest like a coward. 

I fell hard onto that lumpy, broken down cement, and honestly, that shit hurt more then the obvious cold lump in my chest that was causing me to see double. 

Before my head collided with the rough ground, she caught me, and I was already half out of consciousness. 

 I saw light around her two heads (the double vision) when she rushed over to see if I was still alive or not. I tried to listen to her but I'll admit it was hard. It was hard to even blink and open my eyes again. She said something like 'not again' and I've wanted to know what she meant by that ever since, but I can't ask her, because we both know some things are best left buried in the dirt. The only thing I really remember about dying is how she looked. like everything ended for her, something broke in her eyes, and something broke in me too, but not because of the lumpy metal lodged in my body. 

By herself she caught the damn villain and when he was in questioning she got some  damn straight answers outta him. I didn't wanna owe her anything so I did hell of a lot of crap to get even. I bought her lunch and drinks stuff like that, even saved her ass a couple of times. That day, the villain was gonna finish me off, and she literally saved my life, even if  I partially died. Even saving her those few times didn't count 'cause she wasn't gonna die then.

There's only one thing I regret not doing to make it up to her and...

I promised not to regret things

but here I am.