seven

kevin threw himself on his bed, trying to forget about the fact that he had a lot of homework that had to get done. he sighed, pulling the phone out of his back pocket to check the time.

"3 pm? guess i can be lazy a bit more" he smirked, wiping his eyes to get rid of any tiredness that was left.

he stood up and approached the door to jacob's room. then without knocking, he stormed in, startling the poor boy who was inside. kevin chuckled, receiving a hit in his arm and then left with the guitar.

then he went back to his room, sat comfortably on his bed and started looking for some chords online to play. nothing came to his mind, nor showed up in his searches, so not wasting any more time, he simply gave up and threw the phone away to just play anything that would come to his mind.

but somehow the device bounced off his bed and landed on the floor. the boy sighed and proceeded to pick it up. he grimaced, seeing that it landed on it's screen, praying that it didn't break.

but then he remembered something.

he noticed the little paper behind his clear phone case.

he took it out and let his eyes run through the words once again. it clearly wasn't for him, but it wasn't for the original addressee as well.

knowing that he won't think of anything anytime soon, he thought that it'd be a good idea to bother jacob a little more.

"hEY" kevin once again harshly opened the door, making the older boy jump in his seat.

"what is it-" jacob turned around and his face met with the paper right in front of his face.

"what do i do now" kevin asked his brother.

jacob took the paper from him and asked "what's that?"

"i don't know, just received it again" kevin threw up his arms as jacob frowned.

"what do you mean again..?" he asked, not being so sure what did his brother get himself into again.

"oh! right" kevin threw quickly before leaving. jacob sat on his bed, knowing that he won't return to his studies anytime soon.

then, the younger boy, stormed in for the third time this day. jacob threw a pillow at him "can you leave this door be and stop opening it so harshly?"

"sorry, door" kevin said while carefully closing them, patting the wood afterwards. then he joined the older boy and gave him the first note.

"so what do you exactly even need my help for?" jacob asked, being a little confused why would the latter bother himself with a simple mistake.

"what do i do now" kevin stubbornly repeated the question, bouncing to the syllables of the words on the soft bed.

"ignore..?" jacob answered and watched as his brother's expression changed from cheerful to an offended one.

"what? noo, this person who wrote this sounds cool, i want to get to know them" kevin stated, reaching out for a pillow to hug.

jacob honestly didn't understand his brother's logic "kevin- basically everyone sounds cool in little letters like that. what if it's some weirdo?"

"but the best friendships start from the most bizarre scenarios!" kevin mentioned with confidence.

jacob just sighed. even though he was quite used to his brother and his ideas coming far away from the common sense.

"look, they just seem like a genuine person" kevin stated stubbornly.

"jesus kev, those are like- four sentences, maybe five in total. what are you on about?" jacob tried to stop his brother, since he saw that the latter was getting invested.

"i just got the feel you know" kevin said, laughing right after at his brother's expression.

"yep, sure, so tell me your plan, because it sounds like you have one already" jacob asked, mentally getting ready.

"so, we have this board at our school-" kevin started but the latter cut himself in.

"don't tell me you're want to publicly-" jacob asked but kevin continued, ignoring the older boy.

"we have this board at our school, like it's meant for students for some announcements and i can ask there for this person's socials or something like that" the younger boy rambled as jacob felt that actually the common sense left the conversation long ago.

"oh my god, this idea is so wrong at so many aspects" the older boy massaged his temples.

"like what aspects..?" kevin frowned.

"firstly, it's a simple mistake and the note wasn't meant for you in the first place, so why making such a big deal out of it? this person might just get flustered if they find out about it. also someone can just simply lie to you about being the author and you'd never find out" jacob showed the arguments to his brother, still having hope that the latter would just leave the topic be.

after a moment of silence and intense thinking, kevin got an idea "let's just hack the cctv then"

when jacob heard it, he laid dead on his bed, all of his hopes evaporating from him as the younger boy enjoyed it and laughed. kevin stood up and took the notes from the bed "just kidding~ i don't have any idea for now, maybe i'll think of something. if not, then i'll just go there"

jacob rolled his eyes "oh god whatever, really, just go" he playfully pushed his brother out of his room. kevin hid the second note behind his phone case once again, to prevent himself from accidentally forgetting about it.

"i'm such a genius"