eleven

"god damn this fucking boomer" jaehyun muttered under his nose, although loud enough for juyeon to hear.

"what happened?" he asked, getting ready for another emotional rant from his friend.

"you exactly know what! this idiot sangyeon for some reason doesn't treat me seriously and loves to piss me off, which means i can't contact him and this is urgent!" jaehyun ducked his lips out as a frown climbed up his face.

juyeon chuckled at how dramatic the other was "why so urgent? also you can always check where he has his classes"

"the thing is, i've already done. and i've already searched for him this whole morning. but this man seems to avoid me!" jaehyun exclaimed as he crossed his arms. "and urgent because i'm going on a date"

the first part of juyeon's friend made his chuckle, but being frank, the second one quite surprised him "ooh?? with who?"

"with yuqi" jaehyun said as a little smile came up on his face.

"ohh her- wait but didn't you say that you prefer boys over girls? or i didn't catch something?" juyeon spoke a bit quieter so no one except the two of them would eavesdrop the conversation.

"because i do. i mean i like both and i just- i want to be happy, even if just for a moment" jaehyun's tone became gloomy, colouring itself in blue. "just this one date"

juyeon nodded with understanding. he knew about the latter's history with relationships. how hard he loved and kept on missing everyone who stepped into his life.

when jaehyun fell too deeply for the wrong person, hurting himself and pushing everyone away, juyeon was the one who helped him get out of it.

and when juyeon almost collapsed, feeling like the face he wore to school was too much to bear with, jaehyun was the one who listened to him.

and those situations caused their relationship grow, eventually developing into a strong friendship.

"sure sure jae. i hope you'll have a great time. when are you going though?" juyeon smirked as he rose an eyebrow at the latter. seeing jaehyun deeply inhale, both of his eyebrows reached high on his forehead.

"i can't say yet, because. someone. keeps. avoiding. me." he paused between the words, his hands motioning and assisting him.

"isn't it this weekend?" juyeon asked, trying to recall the conversation from the day before.

"yeah it is, and i need to know at what hour exactly, whether it is saturday or sunday." jaehyun pointed out, which made the latter chuckle.

"since when did you start planning out your life?" juyeon couldn't quite believe his own assumption.

"the point is, i still didn't reach that level, but i just want to attend the date as well the hang out with you guys. i can't just leave you there alone or ditch yuqi man" jaehyun sighed, scratching his head.

"i mean you have a point, but you still can look for him after his classes end, right?" juyeon patted the latter's back, causing a soft smile of hope to crawl up on his lips.

"yeah, yeah.. okay! change of the topic!!how was your yesterday game? you forgot to tell me" jaehyun wiggled his eyebrows at his friend who groaned and pushed him away as soon as he saw the act.

"it was.." juyeon's expression froze a little, his smile seemed to fade, and so did jaehyun's cheerful expression. concern found it's place on the older boy's face, as he could sense really well what was up.

"hey, i'm sure it wasn't as bad as you may think. also the next time it'll turn out great! and even better!" jaehyun put his arm around the other boy, who seemed to suddenly become tiny in the embrace.

judging from the silence and a single nod that juyeon gave him, those words didn't help as much as jaehyun wish they did.

"did yesterday bring you something more? maybe something nice happened?" he tried his best to keep the other away from the gloomy thoughts.

"this boy approached me" juyeon started, talking surprisingly quiet, like he was telling a secret to someone. the latter hummed, involved into the topic and ready to listen.

"his name's chanhee. he seemed to be a really nice person" juyeon continued, as his little grin came up back on his lips.

"wait- wasn't chanhee the one mentioned in those notes that you received?" jaehyun frowned, recalling the info he once successfully got out of juyeon, trying to connect the dots.

"yeah he was. and i'm just wondering- if it was the same person or not?" juyeon looked up at his friend. his eyes visibly shined as if he connected the said person with good memories.

the words of comfort he heard the day before. sentences he didn't appreciate at the time, now warmed his heart.

"ahh look, how small this world is!" jaehyun exclaimed, making a dramatic gasp and hugging his friend tighter which resulted in both of them giggling.

juyeon also wondered. if this world really is so small, would the author cross his way someday too?