part eight: hello lindsey!

September 4th, 2005

Sky was at school, and had three more hours there. I was sat on the couch, my legs on top of Frank's, watching reruns of Friends.

We were watching the episode where Ross' ex-wife was having Ben, and Chandler and Monica were stood in the hallway. Monica was upset because she wanted to have kids and Chandler suggested that if they were still single by the time they were 30, they would have one.

"Do you want kids, Frank?" I looked over at him.

He nodded his head. "Yeah, of course I do. I've always wanted kids, but y'know, girlfriends never stay too long. So, whatever then. At least I kind of have Sky for now."

"Aw! You consider Sky your family?" I scooted over and wrapped my arms around him.

"Of course. I would do anything for her." He smiled. He turned to face me. "And for you."

Our faces were only inches apart from each other. I considered leaning in and kissing him, but if he didn't want to kiss me back, it would be extremely awkward.

"Here, how about this. If the both of us are still single by February 16th, we'll try for one. How does that sound?" He suggested.

"Deal." We shook hands on it and continued with the Friends marathon.

Soon enough, I had brought Sky home and she wanted to invite Lindsey and Gerard over again. I nodded my head and called them up and they came over straight away.

They had brought Gerard's younger brother, Mikey, who was the same age as Frank, only older than him by a month or so. Gerard was 27 already and Lindsey was 28, leaving me as the fourth youngest in the room.

Sky had brought Gerard and Frank to go play in the backyard, and Lindsey and I talked in the kitchen.

We talked about how she was an artist and played bass in a band called Mindless Self Indulgence. She played a couple songs and they were pretty great, although Sky wouldn't be listening to them anytime soon.

She told me about the other members of the band, Jimmy Urine (or James Euringer), Steve, Righ?, and Kitty Dunn. She said she had gotten into the band not because she was an amazing bass player (which she wasn't in the beginning, as she told me), but because she had blown fire during her audition and it made everyone laugh.

I had told her about how I was a singer, and I could play the piano and some chords on the guitar. I also said that I really wanted to meet her bandmates at some point. She agreed and began talking about her friends.

Before she began talking again, she sighed and said she was talking about herself too much, but I disagreed with her, telling her that her stories were actually very interesting.

She told me about her friend, Jessicka Addams, another artist and past member of Jack Off Jill, and now member of Scarling. She also talked about Chantal Claret, member of Morningwood and Jimmy's girlfriend. Finally, she told me about Alicia Simmons, Mikey's girlfriend.

I had grabbed the both of us a beer and we continued until, at least I, was piss drunk. I was pretty sure I had seen Frank put Sky to bed about a half hour ago, so I went searching for him. I found him in the backyard, beer in his hand, with Gerard, Mikey and now Lindsey, who had just joined them.

They seemed to have been laughing about something, as Frank's face was lit up with his wonderful smile. I stumbled over to them, where they both turned to face me.

"Whoa, Liv, you alright there?" He laughed.

"She's fine," Lindsey answered for me. "Maybe a little much to drink, but fine."

"Totally." I laughed.

Soon enough, everyone headed off, Mikey being the designated driver. This left Frank and I sat in the living room.

"Frank?" I slurred, resting my head on his lap. He was now almost as drunk as I was, and began playing with my hair.

"Mhm?" He lazily answered.

"I don't know." I laughed. He soon joined me, looking down at me with a smile.

"You're so pretty, Olivia." He pressed his hand on my cheek.

"You're not too bad yourself, Iero." I smiled up at him. "Now, we should go to bed, I guess, as it is like, I don't know, two in the morning."

He nodded his head and I stood up. I began walking before Frank pulled on my wrist, turning me around. He crashed his lips onto mine, his hands now on both of my cheeks. As I was about to kiss back, he pulled away and ran up the stairs.

Wow.