Impatient Patient

"This isn't anything like how I imagined it.." Mi-Yeon whispered as the doors closed behind her. She cleaned her wet shoes using the 'welcome' mat on which Ji-Sung simply stepped. Ga-Hyeon was already by the counter, ringing the bell.

She had both her passengers confused when she hit the brakes right in front of a small music shop lost in between the grey buildings at the very edge of the city. The prosecutor's lecture about the shiniest starts hidden in the darkness sky didn't seem to grow their empathy for a small but dirty business like the one they were facing, but she had no intention of bringing her friend any customers, her visit had a purpose.

"Yong-Ki! You and the sun coexisting? What a surprise!" Ga-Hyeon exclaimed, her soft cheeks getting bigger as smile born out of amusement pushed her mouth's corners up.

"Better not make my anger rise just like the sun." the male hides his smile by letting his chin touch his chest, making eye contact with the wet floor. "Why are you here? I suppose you're not going to shop for some indie rock albums."

"Can we use the Butterfly room? I need your help with something." the female requested, lowering her voice while both of them were watching over Ji-Sung and Mi-Yeon who were minding their own business in between CD's and albums. Yong-Ki gave her a nod, already finding his way to the back door. "Can both of you wait for me a few minutes?"

"Sure, go ahead." Mi-Yeon answer, waving her hand, signaling Ga-Hyeon to go already. "Oh, before I forget! Mr. Lee texted me earlier, Mr. Im called!" she informed her superior, the memory of the message she procrastinated on transmitting popping up in her head when she looked at Ji-Sung's lost face.

"Ji-Sung's father? Just tell him I'll contact him later, I'm sure lawyer Lee already told him all he needed to know. " and after her assistant's small nod, she dared to follow her friend inside the room.

The Butterfly room was a total mess, but an expensive mess, it's floor hidden under a sea of wires so old that if you tried enough, you could hear the way they're creaking under your shoes. On the two tables trapping a chair were things she couldn't name, but which indeed played a crucial role in keeping alive the computer to which they were connected, just like an old man holding onto life, both filled with knowledge of a lifetime.

"What do you need this time?" her friend asked, adjusting his chair for a better posture while working. He closed his tabs filled with recordings, waiting for a demand from the female.

"I need you to find some CCTVs footage."

"Is it about that girl's abduction?"

"No." but when she thought of it more, she figured out it had something to do with Soo-Min. "Yes, in a way. I already got the footage of the car leaving that night, I'm searching for something inside her school."

"You want me to hack into her schools CCTV system?" he asked, unsure about Ga-Hyeon's request.

"Can't you?"

"I mean, I could try." Yong-Ki started looking for the school's IP address just after she mentioned the institution's name. "Why can't you just find it legally? Maybe ask someone from NIS for it."

"I would, but it's not directly linked to the case, and I'd have to write about it in the report files. It's still a theory." she explained, palms placed on the desk, letting her weight on it while her legs took a break. Her heels were already trying to penetrate her skin, she's just letting them catch a breath when she has the occasion.

"Seems important, school's an important aspect in a teenager's life, a lot of shit happens there. Besides, everything is a theory for now, you don't even know if she was abducted, that's your intuition telling you that, just like it is telling you that searching through the CCTVs footage is a must."