TIMELESS

"Ga-Hyeon? Would you like to start the day? You can leave after with both Mi-Yeon and Ji-Won." Mr. Yoo - the manager of the hospital - asked after understanding the sleepiness in everybody's eyes through a eye contact with them.

She was once again caught inside the high security prison engaged to the freezing craziness that caused a fear to form inside everyone's chest and Ye-Eun fought with it by holding Ga-Hyeon's hand while hoping Mr. Yoo wouldn't name her. Ga-Hyeon, on the other hand, had her heart on the sleeve, and there wasn't a single worry behind her eyes - she has been working with criminals all her adulthood.

Even so, her fingers played with a piece of paper inside her jacket's pocket, keeping her anxiety occupied while she thought of what she was going to ask the prisoners once she gets inside the interview room. Unlike her teammates, her previous day wasn't filled with fast food inside the office while signing divorce papers. Her legs can recall the tiredness in her muscles everytime she flexes them, for example this exact second she's making her way to wherever Mr. Yoo lead them.

"Here." Mi-Yeon offered her a piece of paper with uneven ends, unreadable questions written in a messy manner. "I guessed you wouldn't have time to do them yesterday so I woke up to think of them instead." she explained, sliding them inside Ga-Hyeon's rectangular bag, then slowing her pace to remain behind, without waiting for the prosecutor's polite «thank you».

"Mr. Yoo?" her voice defeated by the loud screams in the hallway still found it's way to the manager's ears. "I would like to enter first."

"That's amazing! Any preferences?" the man took her under his arm, gaining an annoyed look from Ye-Eun who had to let go of Ga-Hyeon's hand.

"The lady that's been here for the longest time, we talked about her last time I was here."

Mr. Yoo mirrored the two guards accompanying them, and stopped midway to get a better look at Ga-Hyeon's face. Not a single sign of amusement inside her tilted head, nor a laugh waited on her plump distanced lips. The manager was quick to read the room, and without hesitation nodded his head, agreeing with the prosecutor's request.

"Did you not hear her?" he gave the two guards a look, fighting with keeping his voice low inside the echoing halls. "Bring Ye-Seul in the investigation room, we'll meet there. Prosecutor Hwang, may I have a conversation with you before?"

"Sure." Ga-Hyeon simply accepted, continuing to walk as soon as he started again.

"We'll have to secure her arms with something less tight in order to have her comfortable enough to speak." Mr. Yoo explained, his chin up to face the taller woman, his pace faster to keep up with her - he was indeed a short man. "Even so, we a will be watching from behind the hidden room, and the two guards will be present. We don't know when a schizophrenic episode might occur so you'll have to keep a distance, she isn't very fond of skinship nor does she feel safe with others close to her physically."

Hurrying to enter the interview room was an excuse for Ga-Hyeon to skip nodding her head at the manager's guiding, leaving everybody else outside while she made herself comfortable on the chair. With her patience running away, she opened the papers Mi-Yeon got her earlier this morning and her ultimate conclusion was that they were total bullshit. Ga-Hyeon could've used the time spend in reading those for making up her own suiting questions.

Beside Mi-Yeon's files that the prosecutor left open in disbelief, there was another - dark cover with a huge name printed on it - Kim Ye-Seul. It was her patient's name that she was waiting for with such excitement in the leather chair which made a continuous scratching sound that spoke over the silence. To have her background checked in detail, she opened the envelope for a quick lecture.