prologue

Flavio Ferrari POV

Flavio Ferrari POV

I watched as my only daughter played with her four older brothers. Carefree and loving are the words to describe my amazing daughter. She takes after her mother that way. Marcelo picks up her small frame, holding her up and spinning her. She giggles and her brothers watch her in awe.

A sad smile plays on my lips as I remember what we have to do in just three days, give her up to a boarding school. We have been getting threats from the France and German mafia about her. I don't want to send her but alas it's either her dead or alive and I will always pick the second option.

Even if it kills me.

-

"Papa, Mama, where are we going?" She smiled as us, twirling her black hair in her hands.

"We are going to a school." I sternly say, smiling at her.

"But I'm only three years old." She pouts, holding up three fingers.

"We know, we know, but my dear, you are very very smart." Rory chuckles, ruffling her hair slightly.

The driver beeps as I put a sad smile on my face, getting out of the car, picking up Bella from her car seat and hugging her to my chest, kissing her face over and over again. Rory kissed her cheeks as we head inside to see Headmaster Charles.

"What a beautiful young girl, I must say it is a pleasure having her here. Please visit anytime." He says, pulling out the last of the paperwork.

We quickly finished it, talking with Bella for a while again, promising we won't leave her.

But promises are made to be broken.

-

Rory was crying in the car as I hugged her, promising we will see our daughter again.

We pulled up at the front door, carrying Rory inside, I lay her on our bed, whispering sweet saying until she fell asleep.

I walk downstairs to be greeted by my other kids.

"Daddy daddy, where's Bella?" My four year old son, Emiliano asks, jumping up and down happily.

"Yea, she wasn't here when we got home." Marcelo, the 10 year old asks.

"Guys she's been sent to a boarding school. We can visit her later. But first let's eat!" I fake my enthusiasm.

"But when is later?" Francesco, the other 4 year old asks.

"When I say so, let's go eat guys." I sighed, smiling at them.

They all follow me, as they love making pizza, hopefully without Bella.

"This doesn't feel like when we make it with Bella. I want her back." Angelo, the five year old whines.

"Fine. Let's have some pasta then." I took out the pasta we made yesterday and boiled it, making some marinara and turning on some TV for the kids to watch.

How do I tell them they won't be able to see Arabella in a very long time?