The Truth Hurts

Yes I skipped day 5 and I need to write day 4 by refreshing on the Ringo Vinda arc :'))

Day 6 prompt: "you don't belong here"

The planet of Coruscant was filled with people, the sounds of speeders driving and chattering filling the air. Ahsoka strode on the leaf covered sidewalk, the building she was aiming for growing bigger and bigger the closer she arrived.

It was a few weeks after her life had changed. A few weeks since she was framed, a few weeks since she was on the run, a few weeks since she was almost executed.

A few weeks since she left the place she once called home.

Everything from her past life, gone with the closing of a fist. She didn't regret the decision, but she wished it didn't have to be like this.

She had left, only saying goodbye to one person, and she realized too late that she didn't tell the clones she was leaving, resigning from her military post.

Her vode.

Although she knew that they were just following orders, it still pained her to see that they followed it. Had they really believed that she killed those people? Wolffe wouldn't listen to what she was going to say, Fox didn't even talk to her, and Rex...

Rex was the one who ordered the others to hunt her down.

She abruptly stopped in her tracks as she realized, maybe she didn't want to do this today.

Another person pushed past her, scowling back at her in annoyance.

"Stop idling on the streets! People have places to go!"

She uttered out a quick apology before she was left to her thoughts again. Her original plan was to visit the barracks, and finally explain why she left them. It wasn't fair for her to be gone without a trace and they deserved answers. Most of them anyway.

She pushed that thought out of her mind. No. They all deserved answers, even the ones that betrayed her trust.

Betrayed her?

Her mind was now toying with her, telling her that she shouldn't have come in the first place, that it wouldn't go well.

Well, she didn't have anything to lose.

She determinedly walked up the steps of the Jedi temple, subconsciously counting every single stride until she reached the top. She looked up to it, the statues and art, sparking an old memory.

Flashback

"He can't find me now!"

A small togruta was hidden behind a rather large statue, the temple guard only giving her a quick look before he had rested in their position, paying her no mind. The last time she had crawled onto the stone slab, she was immediately carried off of it.

She wasn't sure what to make of it, but she only wanted to win hide and seek. Like she usually did!

She could hear running footsteps now and her breathing quieted. The sounds of the city filled her stubby montrals, and she peeked her head over her hiding spot as she spotted who she was hiding from.

"Ahsoka? Are you here? I'm going to find you this time!"

She didn't speak, her presence wrapped in shields, and let out a sigh of relief as the seeker turned his vision away from her hiding spot. Amarant explored the surrounding grounds, and she knew he wouldn't find her now-