Chapter Six

"Guess who?" I hear these words as someone puts their hands over my eyes while I'm at my locker, and I smile a bit. I know that voice anywhere.

"Andrew." I say with a laugh before his hands slip away from my face and I turn around to look up at the tall guy in front of me. His blue eyes always look like they are swooning when he sees me, it makes my stomach do flips every time. "Gotta be slicker than that to fool me."

He just laughs and leans up against Emily's locker. It's pretty early in the morning the following week of school. Spencer had some club meetings so I told her I'd catch the ride so I didn't have to worry about riding my board in the rain. My car is in pretty bad shape and has been breaking down on me more often than usual. So I prefer not to use it these days. I may have to sell it.

"How was your weekend, beautiful?"

I blush hard from his words and bite my lip. I had actually spent the weekend with the Montgomery's since so much time passed from when they moved away, and this honestly has made things easier to be around them and to cope with the emotions that have been brought back from them being around. I honestly cannot be happier to know that they are back. Even though It's tough and hard to talk about, they are still helping me to the best of their ability and I'm doing my best without being too emotional to allow them to open up to me.

"My weekend was great, actually. I was with Aria and her family."

He raises his eyebrows in surprise, "All weekend?"

I laugh a bit and nod, he makes me nervous. "All weekend. It felt right, normal. Like nothing has changed." I of course knew that EVERYTHING had changed, but the feeling of being with them again felt perfect, right...meant to be.

He smiles at me, seeming super sincere and cute. Then he moves a little closer to me, "Well..." He starts to say, his eyes melt into mine, "I was thinking that maybe you'd wanna, you know, maybe go on a date with me on Saturday?" His voice cracked a tiny bit, as if nervous to ask because of how long it's taken for me to be in a good mindset again. "Was thinking we could grab dinner at The Grille, and then maybe ice cream after."

I blush hard and bite down on my bottom lip. I'm sure everyone standing around us can see how red I am right now. I knew this day would come eventually where he'd try to ask me out again, but I didn't expect it to be so adorable. The look in his eyes, the smile on his face. God he's so damn cute. Then I clear my throat from unclouding my thoughts, brushing my side bangs behind my right ear, slowly nodding. "I'd actually really like that, Andrew."

His face brightens up but then it kind of slacks for a second in confusion, "Why do I sense a but?"

I half laugh and shake my head, "There is. Just not using it in the way you think. I'm not turning you down. I'd definitely like to go out with you. It's just this Saturday Sean is having a party at his house and we already told him we'd go, remember?"

"Ahhh." He bumps his forehead with his palm, "Duh, I forgot. You did ask me to go to that a few weeks ago didn't you." He laughs, "Right. Then next weekend?"

I smile, getting closer to him I balance on the tips of my toes before kissing his cheek. "It's a date." Then I walk away without staring back at him, trying to be smooth about it. But the smile on my face is too noticeable to hide from how excited I am.

--------

When the day is over I'm finally able to get Aria and Ezra in the same area as each other. For the last week something always got in the way to have them meet. Whether Aria would rush out of class when the bell rang so I couldn't even get her to talk to him, or Ezra would have stuff to do after school for work. But today they had no excuses to not meet my best friend or the man who saved my life, because Aunt Ella asked for me to bring him over for a proper introduction so they could thank him. Thrilled about them meeting him I stopped by his classroom after school to make sure he didn't try to slip away from the occasion.