Chapter Thirteen

Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter. I'm going to do my best to make more time for this story from how busy I had been. Again, I'm sorry that I haven't been updating as often as I used to and just starting to get back into it after months.  It has been a lot longer than I expected it to be. Enjoy.

---

Days went by and things were slowing down slightly. Wilden was off the case so it allowed the girls to relax and not be looking over their shoulder every minute of the day to see if he was watching them or trying to pin something on them. The obsessiveness of that man was super creepy, and the fact that the police force let someone like him in, or didn't realize the obsession he had with harassing them rubs me the wrong way still. But now everything is going back to normal, or as normal as a place like Rosewood can be. Here and there the girls still are distant, but I don't take it to heart as much as I used to because I get that they are grieving still. I've been there and it takes a while to get used to it. I don't say get "over it" because death will never be something to get over.

"I heard Toby was spotted in town." Mona tells me about a week later while we are sitting at a campfire for her birthday.

Mona's birthday party has been pretty hectic. First of all, this is not my forte since it's been more of a "glamping" than actual camping, because it has aspects of it being like a girls slumber party. However, I humored the birthday girl by coming. She even invited Spencer, Aria and Emily since she's mine and Hanna's friends. But the problem is that Mona uninvited Hanna days ago when a rumor of Hanna getting liposuction to lose weight spread around and it rubbed Mona the wrong way. So she isn't even here and I'm shocked that the others bothered to join.

"Who said he's around?" I ask and stare at her with raised eyebrows, "He's been gone for like a month."

"Riley's dad is a cop and she overheard him talking on the phone about getting a tip that Toby is somewhere around."

I twirl my marshmallow in the fire, thinking about if Toby is back it would be stupid, because everyone still thinks he's guilty in both Emily's attack and Alison's murder. Since people think that he killed Ali they also believe that he was attempting to do the same to Emily. Toby is smart, he wouldn't come back for no reason. Especially since a week ago everyone thought he was dead when his motorcycle was found wrecked as if he crashed and his body was never found. But if he is here, then I don't know what he's thinking.

"I think he's innocent." I'm not looking at her but I can tell she's watching me, and most likely with disappointment.

"Oh, Jessie..." yep, there's the disappointed tone. "You have a sweet spot for everyone. He's wanted for murder and attempted murder. Toby has always been a freak. There's no way he didn't do this."

I bite down on my lip a bit, trying not to get angry as I wish I had someone else to hangout with. The girls have been MIA all day. I rode here with Aria and I have a tent with her and the girls, but they haven't stayed in one spot the entire time. I keep losing them and ending up with Mona majority of the time. I love her and it's her birthday, but she makes me want to punch her in the face when she starts acting like other people don't have feelings.

So now she's just blabbing away about nonsense and I'm only half listening at this point. Then I see her get to her feet and she looks annoyed. I stare up at her with her black hoodie on now that it's getting chilly out, which is the same hoodie the rest of us are wearing with the words Camp Mona on the back of them.

"What's wrong?"

"Pretty sure I saw Noel."

I stare over to where she is and don't see anyone other than her friends walking around, "Doesn't he know that guys aren't allowed."