chapter one: 𝒾𝓃𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒

inquisitive
[in·kwiz·uh·tiv]

adjective
wanting to discover as much as you can about things, being curious, eager for knowledge, a vast imagination sometimes in a way that scares people
or
unduly or inappropriately curious and prying

August 6th 1995.

"Have you seen Daddy's latest piece?"

Lulu turned her head in the direction of her younger sister, black waves falling delicately across her face as she did so covering her eyes.

Luna was beaming as she flung herself down on the sofa next to her a piece of typed parchment in her grasp. Lulu's heterochromia eyes danced across the page taking in the title.

Sirius Black: Villain or Victim

A small gasp left the older girls lips as she studied the article. Absorbing every word on the page as if she didn't want to forget a single detail.

"What's it about?" Both girls turned their heads to the last Lovegood sister.

Mimi was sprawled upside down on the arm chair, legs swinging freely as her almost white locks gathered dust from the floor. There was a mystical smile on her lips as her eyes darted between her twin and younger sister.

"Daddy's written a piece about Sirius Black."  Lulu nodded her head as she watched Luna hand the piece of parchment over to Mimi who remained upside down to read it.

A pink tinge was slowly becoming more prominent the longer the girl stayed swivelled in her chair. Her smile never faltered as she read over the article except for one small giggle at the end.

"Daddy makes a good point."

Mimi let the piece of paper float onto the floor as she closed her eyes in content. Lulu nodding in agreement with her.

"He always said Black was never even given a trial. The poor man." A small frown fell onto Lulu's lips as her gaze lingered on the moving picture of a mad Sirius Black holding his Azkaban prison number.

"So it's possible he really isn't Sirius? That he is in fact Stubby Boardman?"

The older girls peered over at Luna, Mimi reopening her eyes to do so as they both nodded enthusiastically.

"Oh yes very possible-"

"-Daddy always tells the truth" Lulu concluded.

Luna's eyes were wide as she listened to her sisters clear confirmations. Their Father would never tell a lie and all the girls knew that there was an infinite amount of possibilities to any situation.

"I should take it back to his office so he can get it printed then." Luna's airy voice manoeuvred through the room as she picked up the typed parchment and skipped off back down the halls.

Mimi finally swivelled in her chair her head swaying as she sat right side up a misty glow in her eyes causing a small giggle to leave Lulu's lips.

"I can't wait for the new edition to come out, Daddy says he's made the Ancient Runes questions a little harder this month."