chapter six: 𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓃𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓈𝓂

magnetism
[mag·nuh·ti·zm]

noun
a physical phenomenon produced by the motion of electric charge, which results in attractive and repulsive forces
or
the ability to attract and charm people; an insatiable pull drawing two or more people together

September 28th 1995.

Lulu was without a doubt raging. Her palms tingled as they gripped the newspaper tightly causing the edges to crinkle. Scoffing as she re-read every word she finally flung the paper down and settled her blazing eyes on Mimi.

"What does Daddy say?"

Mimi jumped at the fearful tone in Lulu's voice and sighed as she folded up their Fathers recent letter. Hestia had swooped in this morning, his coffee coloured feathers fluttering through the enchanted sky with the Daily Prophet and a letter from home tightly strung to his claws.

"He's being very cryptic. I can't really make it out." Lulu beckoned for the letter heavily inked in their Fathers scrawl and brought it close to her face.

As Lulu examined the letter her eyebrows slightly furrowing at its words Mimi's eyes landed on the prophet in front of her causing her own features to harshen.

Ministry Seeks Educational Reform Dolores Umbridge Appointed First Ever High Inquisitor

"What in the world is a high inquisitor?"

At Mimi's high pitch squeal Lulu tore her eyes from the parchment looking back down towards the prophet. She rolled her eyes involuntarily scoffing towards it before returning her gaze back to her Fathers letter.

"It means the Ministry is taking over at Hogwarts." Mimi gasped as she snatched the paper from the table and began scanning her eyes over its contents.

Lulu watched as a handful of expressions danced their way across Mimi's features, shock, confusing, fear. They'd been right in their readings and how the earth around them had been responding, meteor showers, drastic storms and the never ending signs in their tea had showed something big was happening and it would appear their worries surrounding this change had been correct.

"Just listen to this" Mimi shook out the paper gazing over at Lulu before ducking her head back behind it and impersonating the Ministers dulcet tones.

"In a surprise move last night the Ministry of Magic passed new legislation giving itself an unprecedented level of control at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

Lulus scowl softened and a small smile fluttered onto her lips at Mimi's impression a small giggle escaping her.

"Did you see who they quoted?"

Mimi quickly scanned the article before she slammed it down and turned towards the Gryffindor table. Her eyes quickly landing on a large group of scarlet hair who were huddled around an identical paper to their own.

"But I thought the Weasleys were in support of Dumbledore and Harry? I don't understand."

Mimi rubbed at her temples as she mumbled over her words trying to make sense of the article before her. Lulu sighed as she set her letter down to finish her breakfast.