#7 ~ Karl

Your fingers brush against multiple slips of paper as you feel around for as long as possible, trying to stall. That was until you saw Schlatt glaring at you with narrowed eyes.

"If you don't choose one I'll pick who's going in there with you," He threatened, so you quickly pulled out the next slip you touched. You stuck your tongue out at him while unfolding the paper, then looking down to read the name on it. But before the letters processed in your brain Schlatt snatched the paper from you hands and read it out loud for everyone.

"Mr. Karl Jacobs!" He exclaimed

You looked over to Karl who looked slightly shocked to have been chosen. Once he noticed you looking at him he gave you a genuine smile, and you felt your cheeks flush

"Aw look at you with your little crush," Schlatt teased you, patting your head as if you were a puppy. You shoved him away and gave him your finger, to which he stuck his tongue out and returned the gesture.

Quackity and Karl laughed at you and Schlatt's childish banter, which reminded you of the situation you were in. Turning back to look at the closet, your mood immediately shifted.

You were embarrassed to admit it, but you were still a little scared of the dark, sleeping with a nightlight ever since you could remember. It wasn't a well known fact about you but Karl must've noticed your dread because next thing you knew your hand was in his. You looked up at him, to which he gave a smile that seemed to wash away all your worries. Maybe the dark wasn't so bad with Karl.

While holding Karl's hand maybe a little too tight, you both walked into the closet. You willed your hands not to sweat.

"don't get too frisky in there kids," Schlatt said as he closed the door. The lock clicked and the room was left entirely dark, you couldn't even see Karl. But you felt him give your hand a reassuring squeeze.

"You okay?" Karl asked, his soft voice helping you ease the nerves. You turned towards where you heard his voice and smiled, though you doubted he could see it.

"yeah I'm just not a big fan of the dark," you gulped. You'd expected him to laugh or make fun of you. You're a grown adult and you're scared of the dark?  But instead he leaned in, and you felt his warm breath against your ear. You locked your knees

" If you want to get out of here I'll get us out," he whispered and you almost melted at his consideration.

"I think I'll be fine as long I'm with you," you whispered back with a dorky smile plastered on your face and blush coloring your cheeks. For once, you were thankful of the darkness.

you felt yourself relax a bit, but the fear immediately returned when you felt something brush against your arm. You let out a loud shriek and jumped away from it, which just happened to be right into Karl.

You crashed into the poor boy, who was thankfully strong enough to not fall over. He held you in his arms and stroked you hair,

"It's ok, I'm right here, don't worry," he reassured you, and you buried your face into his chest. You wanted to let go of him, act tough so he wouldn't think you were such a wimp but you stayed in his arms, appreciating his touch.

"I'm sorry, I'm such a loser," you tried to lighten the mood, looking up to meet his eyes and giving him a smile.

"Are you kidding? You're like, the coolest person I know! You're so sweet and nice to everyone and you give the best hugs and your fits are so fire- " Karl started

You stopped him from talking by pushing your lips to his. Honestly, you were surprised too when your lips met and you were about to pull away when Karls hands made their way to your face and he held you in the kiss. It was a slow, needy kiss that made you feel all kinds of things.

Just as fast as it started though, the two of you pulled apart. You stared at him with wide eyes and he did the same

"I'm so sorry I shouldn't have-"

He kissed you again. This time, he was taking more control. His hands slid down to your waist, and yours went up and got tangled in his soft hair. Suddenly, he gripped your waist and pushed you back against the wall. You let out a small whimper in surprise, but he captivated your lips again, his body pressed against yours.

"Oh well, you two seem to be having fun," Schlatt said at the doorway as light flooded into the room.

As much as you hated the darkness, you wanted nothing more than for Schlatt to shut that door and leave you and Karl alone again. But Karl took you by the hand, intertwining his fingers with yours and he led your out the room. You knew your face was probably as red as a tomato, and it didn't help that everyone was giggling and teasing you and Karl. But after that night you were never scared of the dark again. Well, not as much as before because now, Karl was always with you

And Karl always made things better.

~~
almost 20k reads holy shit 😳

love you guys <3