Ch. 4

"What are you trying to learn?" Tobirama asked the next morning as he held Naruto on his lap.

"The Rasengan!" Naruto explained. "It's so cool!"

"The Rasengan?" Tobirama took a bite out of the toast that he was holding. "I haven't heard of that one before."

"The Fourth Hokage invented the Rasengan, Nidaime." Jiraiya explained. "That would be why."

Tobirama nodded calmly, holding Naruto. The Nidaime was honestly curious about the Sage – why would someone like Jiraiya have such an interest in a child like Naruto? Almost as if the long-haired male had read his mind, Jiraiya spoke, directing his voice towards the Senju.

"I would like to speak to you in private, Nidaime." The Sannin stated, getting to his feet and walking off, expecting Tobirama to follow him. "It's about Naruto."

Tobirama nodded, kissing Naruto's cheek before pushing the Uzumaki off his lap. He stood up and followed Jiraiya.

"What is this about?" Tobirama asked once they had gotten farther enough away from Naruto.

"There is a group called the Akatsuki after Naruto." Jiraiya explained. "They're after the nine-tailed fox within Naruto."

"So this is your interest in Naruto." Tobirama mused. "You're trying to train him to be strong enough to stand up to an attack upon him."

Jiraiya nodded. "If we look at it this way, it's a good thing that you're here – he'll be protected constantly by one of the strongest ninja to have ever lived."

"Yes. I won't let any harm befall Naruto."

"Let's go back – we need to find this woman as soon as we can."

"Yes..."

As Tobirama followed the Sage, he felt anger boil inside of him – so someone wanted to harm his Naruto? Over the Nidaime's dead body!

-XX-

Naruto couldn't help but be annoyed with Jiraiya. Though Tobirama had left him alone first, the Senju had to go and do something for Naruto while the Sage had only left to go off womanizing.

A knock on the door of his hotel room only frustrated Naruto even more.

"Pervy Sage!" Naruto called, annoyance in his voice. He opened the door, expecting to see his mentor standing there. "Did she – Sasuke?!"

Sasuke wasn't the one who was standing before Naruto, but another Uchiha certainly was. If only Naruto had known that this Uchiha was deadlier than anyone he had ever met – except for perhaps Tobirama and Jiraiya – but neither of them were here right now...

-XX-

"Thank you." Tobirama smiled, taking his item from the vendor.

Everything had felt fine for a few minutes after Tobirama had left the vendor, but he soon enough for a terrible feeling in his stomach – Naruto.

-XX-

Back with the Uzumaki, Naruto was terrified. Two creeps were trying to kidnap him, and Naruto knew it.

"Tobi!" Naruto screamed once the shark-looking nin had grabbed his arm. He struggled in the elder's grip, but it was doing no good – the other was just too strong.

"May I chop off his legs?" The shark-nin smirked, reaching behind him and grabbing what Naruto could only assume was a sword wrapped in bandages.