Received

I woke up thinking about Kara. I miss her so much. It's been 5 years and I still think of her all day everyday. I got up and walked into my kitchen. My eyes not completely adjusted to the light yet, I opened the fridge and grabbed the orange juice and placed it on the counter. Opening the cupboard I grabbed a glass and went to place it on the counter when I noticed a paper. A paper that haven't been there the night before. I grabbed the paper confused and un folded it. "Dear Mon-el" the first line read and my hand went all shaky. I recognized the handwriting right away. My heart racing, I continued on reading the letter. By the end, I had tears streaming down my face and I hadn't even noticed. When I saw the paper being soaked with my tears I panicked and quickly put the paper down, I didn't want to ruin the letter. Then I quickly found a pen and paper and started writing a letter back to her knowing I can't send it to her.
Dear Kara, I miss you too. More than anything. I don't know how you got this letter to me but I'm so glad you did. It gives me hope that I will be able to find my way back to you. It's been a few months for you but for me years have past. I've been in the future and yes, I have made new friends and I do like it here but trust me when I say this, I could never forget about you. I love you. I like it here but never as much as I love being with you. You're my favourite person and being anywhere with you is my favourite place. My friends have helped me try get back to you but after awhile they all gave up. I've never gave up, I'm still trying and I won't ever stop because out of all the things you've taught me, to hope and believe is one of them. It's been years and I still think of you everyday. From the time I wake up to the time I fall asleep, it's the thought of you that keeps me going everyday. The thought of your smile and your touch is something I miss so much. Your eyes, comets. I haven't forgotten your eyes, my favourite pair of eyes that could stare into mine, into my heart and make me feel safe. The eyes that looked at me and believed in me even when I didn't believe in my self. The eyes that looked at me and made me feel like everything was ok even though everything was not ok. We're not ok because where in the same place but so many years apart. I haven't found a way to get back to you or even send you a message but somehow you managed to let me know you haven't forgotten about me. You haven't forgotten me and that comforts me. Somehow you found a way to send me a letter and that amazes me, you amaze me even if I haven't seen you in years. I haven't heard your voice or felt your touch in years but it feels like just yesterday that I called you my own and I could hear your voice whisper "I love you."  I dream of you too. Dreams of the lead bomb going off and somehow I'm fine and we stay together forever. Dreams where we ran away together at the first sight of my parents and lived happily ever after. Dreams where you've moved on without me and those ones hurt but as long as you're happy, not everyone gets a happily ever after but that's all I want for you. For you to be happy with or with out me.
-Love, Mon-el<3
He signed his name at the bottom of the letter and left it there on his counter before leaving. When he got back his letter was gone and he thought maybe he imagined writing it but The letter Kara wrote to him was still there, stained with his tears. He grabbed the letter and read it over and over aging before falling asleep with the thoughts of a certain Kryptonian bouncing around his mind like it always had and he wouldn't have it any other way because even if somehow they laid beside each other, he'd still be thinking of her. The blond headed, blue eyed Kryptonian had stolen his heart and even years later she still had it and had taken very good care of it.

Yeah that's it. It's a short story, I hope y'all like it:)