Chapter Eleven

Elle
I couldn't sleep the entire night. All I could think about was me and Billie's kiss.

I couldn't explain it, it just felt so...so right. I didn't entirely know where we went from here but I decided to take it one step at a time. I didn't wanna rush into things so quickly.

When I got to school I went to find Lexi considering we haven't talked in a few days. She also stopped giving me rides to and from school which was weird. Saying she just couldn't do it anymore. Something was going on with her, I just didn't know what.

"Hey Lex it's been a minute. Where have you been?"

"Ohh you know, around." She said blankly as she put things into her locker.

"Okay, well why haven't you responded to any of my texts and calls?"

She rolled her eyes and sighed annoyed. Something she's never done to me before.

"Well I'm sorry that I have more important things to do than answer your every call." She spat.

"Alexis, what's going on? You okay?"

She sighed again. Giving me a look I couldn't quite understand. It was almost...envious. But that wouldn't make any sense so I brushed it off.

"Is something going on at home or something? You can talk to me, we've been friends forever."

She sighed again. Closing her eyes for a moment.
"Sorry. I guess I'm just a little bit upset."

"Well what happened?" I asked, just wanting her to talk to me.

"Umm, I tried to ask this girl out a few days ago but...she likes someone else."

"Aww that sucks. Who is it? I mean who does she like?"

"It's just one of my other friends. And I have to be around both of them every single day so it just kinda sucks, I don't really wanna talk about it."

She closed her locker shut as she gathered her things for her next class.
"Oh. I'm sorry. Well I'm here for you. Always."

"Thanks, uhh I gotta get to class. I'll see you at lunch."

Before I could say bye back she walked off. I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something she wasn't telling me. But I decided to just give her her space.

Me and Lexi have been attached at the hip since day one so maybe some time away is what she needed.

I headed to my locker, upon opening it a note fell out. I opened it and read the one word written on it.

Bathrooms :)

I knew it was Billie cause of her handwriting. I quietly chuckled to myself as I got all my stuff for my first period. I closed my locker and headed to the bathroom and sure enough she was there.

"Cute." I said sarcastically as I held up the note.

"Yeah I know I'm creative. But I actually kinda wanted to talk if that's okay?"

"About the kiss?"

"Yeah and before you say anything, I know you wanted to take things slow I just...where do we go from here? Do we just go back to how we were?"

I sighed, trying to think of an answer. Only I couldn't. I didn't know where we went from here.

I knew things couldn't really go back to how they were because things were obviously different now, but I couldn't lie to her. Hell I couldn't even lie to myself.

"Honestly I..I don't know. But I know I have...some feelings for you and you feel the same. Let's just take things one step at a time, okay?"

She smiled at this.
"I was hoping you would say something like that. Eleanor, I was hoping you would allow me to take you out on a proper date this weekend?"