Chapter 2

Okay, i know i'm a week late and i apologize for it but first Kentucky got a blizard, then my sister didnt have school all week and that really threw me off, then my birthday was yesterday and me and my sister just sat around watching Disney movies, also i'm addicted to comics from SmackJeeves and stories off of here.

But i'm going to put up two chapters to make up for it.

I waited in the room for about ten minutes then he came in with my chart. “Hello Rose.”

“I have a question about what we talked about last night.” I told him. “I was wondering, how you became a doctor if you were never taken out?”

“Well a man came to my house and asked me if I wanted to help people and I said yes. He told me to pack my clothes and come with him.”

“What happened?”

“Nothing really I just learned what they taught me with a few other guys.”

“Are the doctors always guys?”

“As far as I’ve seen yes.” He paused for a minute then said. “I should probably get on with your check in.”

“Okay.” He turned around and grabbed the needle. I held my arm out; he drew my blood and put the needle back on the tray.

“Your all done.” He said to me.

“I was wondering.”

“Yes?”

“How many other teens are you a personal doctor for?”

“You’re the only one, but I still help with the younger kids. I even got your friend Derek this morning.”

“How was he?”

“Good, he’s still not used to getting his blood drawn.”

“I know. Well I have to go; I have chores to do before lunch so I can meet up with Derek.”

“Maybe I’ll see you at lunch.”

“Okay.” I said I left and went back to my house and did my chores today I had to wash the laundry. I was done with the laundry at twelve-thirty and then I went down to the old play ground to go get Derek so we could go eat. When I got there he was already gone, I walked to the mess hall got my food and went to find a table. I saw Derek sitting with Dr. Eget.

“Hey.” I said walking over.

“Hi.”

“Why are you sitting with Dr. Eget?”

“The other tables were full.” I sat down next to Derek.

“What were you talking about?”

“The book Dr. Eget is reading.”

“What’s it called?” I asked.

“To kill a mocking bird,” Dr. Eget said.

“Never read it.”

“Really it’s a classic.”

“I wasn’t put in an orphanage I was put in a house with older kids who watched me; there were no adults to teach me.”

“Really?”

“What?” I asked confused.

“I was put in a house when I was thirteen for a year and there was a little girl there.”

“Why were you only there for a year.”

“I was a trouble maker when I was younger so I got moved around a lot.”

“We could have been in the same house, weird.”

After lunch me and Derek went to the park, he played and I watched him. At dark he went to the orphanage and I went home. I walked in the door went to my room and found a book on my bed. Then Red showed up at my door. “That’s the second day in a row that guy has come to see you.” Red is the same age as me but a half year older. I just turned nineteen; Red has been nineteen for half a year.

“Why do you care?”

“Because he’s one of Them,” he said and made a disgusted face at me.

“Red it’s none of your business.”

“I think it is.”

“Why there’s nothing between us anymore, we ended five years ago. You made your choice, now get out of my room.” Red left to my surprise I sat on my bed and opened the book and started reading. I know how to read from before and The Helpers would drop off books every once in a while when I younger. They don’t do it anymore probably because are bookshelf is full.