47 Series Songs

Telephones by Vacation

- This song makes me think of how Asami feels towards the baggage she carries. She sees herself as damaged, and sometimes at night, she will listen to this song and dream of a life without One For All or the life she once lived.

Mrs. Magic by Strawberry Guy

- I think this song was playing in Izuku's head when Asami gave him that pencil in chapter one of 47.

Try To Change by Mother Mother

- I believe late at night, Asami would stare at the ceiling and listen to this song when she begins to get angry with herself for being the way she is. It's no secret that Asami has self-esteem issues with her personality and as soon as she begins to get better, it seems like something always happens. Though she tries to get better and change, it seems like that's not what fate has in store for her.

Looking Out For You by Joy Again

- The line, "I guess I should stop // Looking out for you // Like I always do" makes me think of Asami and Izuku growing up. She's always felt the need to protect him and look after him, but when he finally gets to be as strong/stronger than her, it's almost like a blow to the gut.

Achilles Come Down by Gang Of Youths

- It's no secret that Asami has suicidal tendencies. To protect those she loves, she'd throw herself in front of anything. When I hear this, I can't help but imagine Izuku and Bakugo trying to talk her down from these actions. For some reason- I think more of Bakugo saying this rather than Izuku because it seems more like the singer is scolding Achilles. While Izuku would take a softer approach to talk her down, Bakugo would outright berate Asami.

Slipping Through My Fingers by Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfield (Mama Mia)

- Though this song makes me think of Izuku and All Might pondering the fact that Asami is always slipping through their fingers. I think more of All Might simply because he is her father and the song is originally from Mama Mia where the mother sings about her daughter.

Where'd All The Time Go by Mr. Dog

- This song makes me think of Asami reflecting on all the time passed between meeting Izuku and where they are now. I don't think this creates a good feeling for Asami, as she wishes to go back and live a simple life with him. I can very clearly imagine her listening to this in the hospital as she reminisces on everything that's happened since middle school to land her in that hospital bed unable to even speak or walk in her own.

I Wouldn't Ask You by Clairo

- This makes me think of Asami singing this to Izuku. She has a fear of asking anyone for help or bothering/stressing them; especially Izuku. Though she needs it, she will never ask. Clairo originally wrote the song about arthritis at a younger age in the hospital where her solace in that dark time was her boyfriend who had the ability to thaw her "frozen" hands. For that exact reason, I imagine our two lovers in the hospital after the accident.

Lonely by Noah Cyrus

- Though Asami tries her best to make others proud; it seems like everyone leaves before she gets the chance. She has All Might but still has an extremely broken family and it makes her feel horribly lonely.

Freaks by Surf Curse

- Though Asami tries her best; she still greatly dislikes herself and keeps to herself out of fear of disappointing others or being bullied like she was in middle school for being quirkless. In all honestly, Asami hides away because she thinks she's a freak.