Chapter 6: Sweet Interlude

A/N: Hey guys. I'm really sorry for the long wait. I've been dealing with a lot lately, mainly with moving back to the US. Here's the next chap of Broken Ace. Please enjoy!

        Izaya woke up the next morning, blearily blinking his eyes. He yawned and tried to sit up just barely managing to push himself up against the headboard. He stretched a little even though the action cause him to wince in pain. Once that was done, he looked to his side and found Shizuo asleep in a chair next to him.

Seeing the younger man’s face reminded Izaya of what had happened the night before. In response, a light pink hue appeared on his cheeks. The brunet shuffled a little as he watched the enforcer’s peaceful expression. Seeing such an unguarded look on the man’s face had Izaya leaning forward to place a soft kiss on his lips.

At the touch, Shizuo found himself returning to consciousness. After a moment, he sensed the contact on his mouth. ‘Soft...just like Izaya’s lips...Wait...is someone kissing me?’ the blond thought to himself. He opened his eyes, only to see his roommate, who had his own closed as he kissed him.

Shizuo blushed in response, but once he felt the older male start to pull away, he stopped him by placing a hand on his cheek. Izaya’s eyes snapped open in surprise as he came face to face with a pair of slightly amused brown ones. The color on his face darkened as his lids fell shut once more. Shizuo kissed his partner for a few more moments before finally releasing him.

He smirked at the Orihara. “Well, good morning to you too Izaya.” he told the man, grin widening just a bit as the other looked away bashfully.

“S-Sorry Shizu-chan. I just-” he was interrupted by the man pecking his lips. He then pulled back with a small smile.

“Relax, I’m not mad. In fact, I think I could get used to you doing that.” he replied, lightly teasing the amnesiac. The comment made Izaya bite his lip and look away with a slight smile. Shizuo laughed before standing up to stretch his cramped muscles. He looked at Izaya.

“Hey, you hungry?” he asked the man. The Orihara nodded in response, prompting the enforcer to leave to make food for the two of them. Once he was alone for a few minutes, Izaya forced himself out of bed. He grabbed a blanket off the bed to wrap himself up in to help stop the shivers that wracked his frame. Even as he felt the room sway around him a bit, the former informant made his way toward the kitchen.

The red eyed man shuffled into the room, stopping just inside the doorway. He watched silently as Shizuo made his way around the kitchen. The man was making chicken noodle soup for his guest and some eggs for himself. As he turned around to grab an ingredient, he noticed his audience. The blond paused what he was doing.

“Izaya? What are you doing out of bed?” he asked walking towards the invalid. The brunet looked at his caretaker with a subdued smile. “Sorry Shizu-chan. I just…wanted to be around you.” he told the younger.

The enforcer couldn’t help the small flutter of his stomach from the man’s words. He covered it up however. Shaking his head, he walked over to the  invalid, guiding him to a chair. Once Izaya was seated, Shizuo grabbed the soup he’d made and placed it in front of the brunet.