Chapter 8: Shinra and Izaya (Part II)

A/N: Oh my gosh guys, I am sooo sorry for the long delay. Life kinda got in the way since I had to move into a new house and get settled in at a new school. Hopefully, now that things  are cooling down, I'll be able to update a little more often. I'll warn beforehand that this is  just an interlude into the next chapter, which will flashback and let y'all see what happened between Shinra, Celty, and Izaya. I'll try and get up as soon as I can. 

On another note, I'm grateful to all the favorites, reviews, and follows I've gotten for this  story. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it and I can't wait to see the response for next time.  Until then, please enjoy!

Shinra found himself frozen at the sight of Izaya screeching in terror at the sight of him. He  backed away slowly, swallowing hard. "I...I-I..." Beside him, Celty had her hands pressed  against the part of her helmet where her mouth would be, feeling despair wash through her. 

While his friends were frozen in light of their guilt, Shizuo rushed over to his ward, grabbing his shoulders gently. "Izaya, calm down! You don't need to be afraid. Celty and Shinra are  our friends-" He was cut off by the brunet vigorously shaking his head. 

"He's a monster! They're both horrible monsters! Keep them away from me!" he yelled  hysterically. He then turned to run down the hallway towards the bedroom, tripping and  falling over himself in his desperate desire to escape the couple. 

Shizuo was shocked. He hadn't expected the amnesiac to have such a strong feeling of  revulsion for the two. He was confused as to why Izaya had called them "monsters", but for  the time being, he pushed that thought out of his head, needing to focus on taking care of the man who had ran fearfully from the room. 

With his resolve set, the blond turned towards Shinra and Celty. He opened his mouth to tell  them to have a seat and wait while he calmed Izaya, then changed his mind. "Why don't you two head back to your place? I know I had you come all the way here, but I think it might  better for Izaya if you weren't here." he said, voice calm and soft. 

Celty snapped out of her daze first. She nodded at Shizuo's suggestion. "I think that would be a, um, good idea. Come on, Shinra. We'll see you later, Shizuo." she said. The dullahan then grabbed her fiance's arm, leading the shaken man out of the small apartment and shutting  the door behind her. 

The Heiwajima stared at the door for a few moments, brows furrowed. 'It's not like Celty to  really talk aloud...Maybe Izaya got to her...I wonder if something happened between them  before Izaya lost his memory. Tch, I'll pay them a visit later.' he thought to himself as he  walked down the hall towards his room. 

He slowly opened the door, not wanting to alarm his roommate any further. He found that the brunet had nestled himself in a corner. He rocked back and forth in a sitting fetal position,  tears streaming down his face. His eyes were dilated with fear as his body shook violently.  Broken sobs left his throat. 

Seeing the normally happy male in such a state tugged at Shizuo's heartstrings. He walked over to the male, scooping him up in his arms and hugging him close. Izaya froze before  realizing just who it was. He clung to his friend. "Sh-Sh-Shizu....chan..." he whispered,  voice choked with emotion. Said man just hugged the man harder, rubbing his back. 

"Shh, it's okay Izaya. I'm here." he responded shortly. Those words shattered what little bit  of control the Orihara had left and he broke down completely, crying into the younger's  chest. Shizuo simply held him, allowing him to seek comfort in his arms. 

An hour later, Izaya had finally exhausted his tears and fell into a deep sleep. His caretaker  stood by his side, silently watching the male. Honestly, this was the scaredest he had ever  seen the former informant. Even his nightmares and flashbacks hadn't had such an intense  effect on him. He was concerned for the broken man. He wanted to why he'd had such a bad reaction to Shinra and Celty. 

It was with that question in his mind that he grabbed a jacket and his shoes, leaving the flat to go over to his friends' house. He would ask them what had happened between the pair and  the now sleeping brunet. Izaya wouldn't have had a breakdown over nothing. He felt the  couple knew something and he was going to find out what that something was no matter  what.