Part 13

"A girl with beautiful long blonde hair is taken away from her parents by an evil witch and locked away in a tower away from the world until one day a prince hears her singing and returns everyday to listen to her voice.

He eventually uses her hair to climb the tower to finally meet Rapunzel and they fall in love, but when the witch finds out that they are planning to run away together and get married, she cuts her hair off and banishs Rapunzel to the forest all alone and waits for the prince to return to the tower.

He's so sad that his love is taken from him that he throws himself from the tower, he survives the fall but is blinded by torns. Rapunzel finds him and heals him, then they live happily ever after together." I talked endlessly while Obi just stared at me with a small smile as I ranbled on.

Is he even listening to me anymore?

He was so zoned out watching me that he didn't even realize that I had finished talking.

"Obi." I snapped my fingers in front of his face to get his attention.

When he realized that he was in his own little world staring with a goofy smile, his face turned bright red and he looked away.

"I was listening." He said in a rushed tone still looking away from me.

"Mhmm...sure you were." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"I really was! The prince, the blonde, and the wicked witch." He paused a moment, snapping his head up to look at me with an akward smile. "Right?"

"Yeah, something like that." I gave a little smile and giggled at him.

"Do you think love like that really exists?"

"Yeah, I do. Honestly, I hope that I find someone that loves me like that one day, just like the prince fell in love with Rapunzel despite what her circumstances were."

Obi was silent for a moment, then he laid his large rough hand over my small one before he spoke.

"I hope you do too, whoever it is will be the lucky to have someone as amazing as you."

My cheeks began heating up as I turned my head to look at him.

Why is my heart beating so fast?

He pulled his hand away from mine slowly but still had his eyes locked with mine.

"Unconditional love huh...Is that why you like that story so much?" He finally looked away from me.

"Yes, the prince loved her even after the witch tried to tear them apart. Ya know, when I was little I looked at it differently than I do now though." I gave a sad smile and looked to the ground.

"What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow.

He's really easy to talk to. Should I tell him that I related more to the evil witch?

"Oh. Um...I-It just made me sad. I didn't relate to Rapunzel much." I akwardly laughed.

"Well, if you think about it you are exactly like Rapunzel." He said casually as he shrugged his shoulders.

"How so?" I asked him in a soft tone.

"You have been locked away for years, banished to a forest waiting for someone to care about you." He looked over to you with a bright smile. "I've finally come to save you from your loneliness, princess."

Before I knew it, tears dripped onto my hands. Tears of joy and tears of guilt for lying to him about what I really was. My heart felt so full, but so empty at the same time.

He will be so mad when he finds out that I've been keeping things from him, I don't know what to do. What if he ends up hating me?

Thoughts raced around my head as he started to panic.

"W-why are you crying?! Did I say something wrong?" He waved his hands around frantically. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry, just tell me how I can fix it."

"Obi, thank you...thank you for everything you've done for me. No one has ever been this nice to me but I don't deserve kindness from you." I said in a low voice.

"What are you talking about, of course you deserve kindness." He pulled me into a tight hug, catching me off guard.

I wrapped my arms around him waist and buried my face into his chest while I cried, his head laid on top of mine with his arms wrapped arm my shoulders.

He didn't move or say anything for a while, he just held me close to him. His warmth was calming and he smelled so good, kind of like the forest when it rains.

No one has ever held me like this before, my heart is beating so hard that I'm sure he can feel it.

I slowly pulled away from him with pink cheeks and puffy eyes.

"Obi, I want tell you something but you have to promise that you won't hate me." I said in a soft tone, looking up at him.

"I promise, there isn't anything you could tell me that would make he hate you." He said looking into my red eyes. "You don't have to rush to tell me stuff if you aren't ready to."

"Okay." He patted the top of my head and offered a soft smile.

He dug around in his pockets before pulling out a little bag, he held it in his hand staring at it for a moment while his face turned bright red.

"I got this for you a little while back and I want you to have it now." He opened the bag and dumped the contents into my small hand.

The ruby necklace I liked...when did he have time to get this?

"Why would you get this for me?" My eyes trailed over the gift in my hand.

"I really don't know why I bought it to be honest. I just saw you looking at it so I did." He said with a smooth tone.

"This must have been expensive, I will pay you back!" My eyes widened as I saw him smile gently at me.

"It's a gift so there's no need for that." He shrugged.

He pulled the necklace from my hand and motioned for me to turn around, I pulled my long hair out of the way as he put it around my neck.

"Will you keep it, Arisa?" He whispered in my ear.

"I'll keep it forever." I blushed and looked over my shoulder.

"Good. It's getting pretty late so you should try to get some rest." He pulled away from me and headed for the door to his room.

"Good night, Obi."

"Good night, Princess Ruby."