Chapter Six: Another Studio

We're onstage for awards now, and they're calling off the Top Ten teen solos.

"In third place, Icing, Saylor from Step it Up Dance Company!"

"Second place goes to Maddie with Wonderland from Abby Lee Dance Company!" Wow, I think, I didn't expect that. If Miss Abby is right, and thinks that Maddie's a better dancer, then I didn't even place.

"And finally, first place goes to Chloe with People Help the People from Abby Lee Dance Company!"

I can hear the rest of the ALDC screaming for me as I take my award. I'm so glad. I knew I could do it!

Now it's time for the group awards. When they call first place the announcer says, " And your first place winners are, Amber Alert from Abby Lee Dance Company!"

We all rush up to say the name of our dance studio and then we gear offstage because awards are over.

When I get back to the dressing room my mom hugs me and says, "You did great! Congratulations, Chloe!"

"Thanks, Mom."

"Good job girls, Chloe congratulations. Now let's go home." Abby tells us when she enters the room.

"That's it? Maddie gets a big hug for first and then when Chloe gets first it's just 'congratulations.'" My mom tells Abby. Oh no, I think.

"Does that really matter? I'm happy for her!" Miss Abby says.

"No I don't think so, you would rather have Maddie win, wouldn't you?" asks Mom.

"She did great! I said I'm happy for her." Abby replies.

"That didn't answer my question."

Miss Abby says, "I told you that I'm happy for Chloe!"

"You still didn't answer my question," my mom tells Miss Abby.

"I'm really-"

"You know what? I'm done! I'm sick of all this! Chloe, go get your stuff. We're going home and finding another studio!" My mom interrupts.

So I grab my things and walk out with my mom.