Josuke - the library

you were at the morioh public library, looking for books to use for your studies.
you had a big test coming up in class and you were hoping to hang out, listen to music and study alone in the library.

after about 15 minutes of taking notes and reading about dividing fractions, you heard a faint thud on the table next to you. you took off your head phones and looked over to see a similar book to yours on the table beside you. "hey, wanna study together?" said the boy next to you, the one and only josuke hugeasskita was asking YOU to study with him. you assumed he only wanted to study with you because he thought you were smart, which you aren't very. (lol not sorry idiot) you nodded, scooting your chair over to make room for him.

you knew josuke but only talked when you had to, he usually ate lunch near the same tree you ate at with your friends. you didn't hate him but you just wanted to stay away from him because of your different personalities and popularity at school.

after exchanging notes and books the two of you decided to check out your books and study together more at his house so you could talk louder, plus the librarian kept giving you two dirty looks.

"wow, you have a really nice house josuke" you said looking around his front entrance way. "thanks, we can study in my room" he said motioning you to follow him upstairs. the two of you ended up having a lot more in common that you thought.

the two of you got distracted playing video games and laughing together and ended up forgetting all about that test and just vibed together.

"hey josuke, i think i'm gonna get going, it's 8 pm and my parents are probably worried" you said picking up your bag and sliding your books back inside of it. "oh yeah, i totally lost track of time, sorry about that.... i can walk you home if you'd like, it's already dark out and all" he said shyly, looking down to his shoes. "yeah, i'd like that" you smiled sliding on your shoes after him.

after messing around and laughing you finally stopped at your doorstep. "well, this is me, catch you later higashkita" you said waving him off before he grabbed your wrist lightly. "wait, there's something that's been on my mind for a while and i guess now would be a good time to let it out" he said avoiding eye contact. "oh yeah? what's up?" you said genuinely clueless. "i think i like you" he said staring into your eyes. 'what the hell omg omg omg' you eternally screeched. nothing could have prepared you for that, today was the only time you ever truly interacted with this boy and weren't being shushed by a librarian or graded by a teacher and now he liked you? your mind was racing but you quickly snapped out of it.

"really?" you said looking back at him. you never thought about josuke as more than an acquaintance until he confessed, you thought about it and you wouldn't mind being more than friends with him, he was kind of cute, and he was a pretty goofy guy (gOoFy never saying that again)
and he was strong and caring and nice and- oh wow... maybe i like josuke too.

"yeah, i do" he said followed by a moment of awkward silence. "well what do you think about the two of us getting lunch tomorrow" you smiled right before it all hit you at once. "what about that test !" josuke whisper yelled before covering his mouth. the two of you barely studied! "well shit, i guess we'll just fail together" he laughed like this test didn't determine your future classes. "alright, bye josuke" you laughed hugging him goodbye and proceeding to pull and all nighter because of this dumb stupid piece of shit algebra test, how do you divide fractions.
—————————————————————
sorry that last part was me venting about my end of the year tests lol, anyways thanks for reading ! love u all and good luck in school since end of the year testing is coming up and i haven't done my online work in months.