1 ☠︎︎ coruscant

I kept my hood well over my eyes, but just high enough to see what was happening around me.  The line to get on the transport ship crawled on slowly.  Many others dressed similar to me glanced around nervously, hoping for the line to get moving quicker.  It wouldn't be long before the stormtroopers realized we weren't ordinary Coruscant citizens, but Alderaanians trying to escape the city planet.

Cayo, my little brother, stared at the stormtrooper's guns with plain fear in his eyes.  He looked up at me tearfully and asked if we were going to die.  Kash, my older sister, did her best to quiet him.  I felt a pang in my chest seeing the pathetic situation we were in.  I shoved my hands into my pockets.  As I turned to leave, a hand gripped my arm, cutting my step in half. 

"Where are you going?" Kash's accusing voice asked. 

"I'm going to the refresher," I made up and glanced back at her.  "I'll be right back."

"Don't you start anything, Cola," she warned, pointing a finger at me.

"I won't," I half smiled at her.  She let me go after giving me a stern look.  I continued on my way towards a place that was not the refresher. 

Within the transport center stood vendors in their stalls selling food, trinkets, goods.  I looked for something I knew Cayo would like.  Something that might cheer him up. 

As I scanned the tables, my gaze fell on what looked like a bounty hunter.  There were plenty of those around here.  They weren't any good.  The most bounty they ever collected was enough to cover their next trip to the cantina. 

This bounty hunter's back was turned as he spoke with one of the vendors.  In his holster lay a pretty blaster.  A blaster like that didn't come around too often.  It would certainly help out in a potential situation against stormtroopers or jerks, even if it was only for intimidation.

Before I could discourage myself, I scurried over and eyed the bounty hunter from behind him.  He was currently caught up in  conversation.  I snatched the blaster and shoved it into the waistband of my pants, down the middle of my back.  I pulled my jacked over it. 

I didn't even walk five steps before a strong hand gripped my wrist.  I was pulled around and found myself face to face, or face to helmet, with the bounty hunter I had stolen from. 

"Hi," I squeaked.  It dawned on me that this wasn't just any bounty hunter.  That helmet unmistakably belonged to Boba Fett.

"Hand it over," he said gruffly, his iron grip on my wrist never faltering. 

My face fell and I pulled out the blaster.  I offered it to him.  After expertly holstering his blaster, the bounty hunter let go of me, but not without a final word.

"Keep your sticky fingers to yourself," he muttered before stalking off. 

I watched as he left with my heart pounding against my chest.  I survived an encounter with Boba Fett.  My glory didn't last long.  I could hear shouting and gunfire coming from the landing pad where the Alderaanians were boarding the transport. The dread that filled my body made my heart to drop to the planet's core.  I sprinted there.  By the time I made it, I couldn't see anyone.  The transport ship was empty. There wasn't a soul in sight.  I couldn't see my sister or brother. 

"There's another one!"

I spun my head around to see a stormtrooper pointing at me.  That's when I bolted.  The airfield I ran onto was large and full of stormtroopers.  Huge piles of crates loomed above me, a passage running through the middle of the stacks.  I made for it in hopes of losing them.  I was doing well until I met a stormtrooper at the end of the lane.  I didn't stop my sprint and tumbled straight into him.  My body met the cold, hard armor.  His blaster cluttered away. 

The stormtrooper began to stir and I panicked.  I threw the hardest punch I could at the stormtrooper's helmet.  I heard the familiar sound of something snapping, but I had no time to dwell on that.  The trooper remained on the floor and I grabbed the blaster as I rose to my feet.  The other troopers were searching through the maze of crates I had gone into.  With them lost, I walked back onto the airfield.  I looked for any other way I could survive at the moment. 

My eyes landed on a strange looking ship with its ramp lowered.  I dashed for it and hid myself in the dark spaces inside.  Troopers ran by and I took deep breaths to calm myself.  My relief vanished when I saw someone coming up the ramp.  It was Boba Fett.  I drew further into the shadows and crouched low.  He took a seat in the cockpit and started pressing buttons. 

I glanced towards the ramp and crawled for it.  To my dismay, a whirring sound filled my ears and the ramp began to close.  The cockpit rotated and I stumbled to keep my balance.  I could feel the ship's rumble as the engine started and lifted the ship steadily off the ground.  It wasn't long before we were in space.  I decided that I would have to sneak off the ship once Boba Fett landed somewhere.  I figured he wouldn't take kindly to finding me in his ship.  Once I got off, I would find my family.  If they had even survived their encounter with the stormtroopers.  I could only hope they did.

The sound of footsteps snapped me out of my thoughts.  It slowed as it neared me.  I could hear my heart pounding relentlessly.  A fist grabbed my shirt and pulled me out of the shadows.

"How did you get in here?" the bounty hunter asked furiously.

"I don't know!" I exclaimed in defense.  "The ramp was wide open!"

Boba Fett looked towards it and sighed.  He gave me a once over and used his other hand to rip out my stolen stormtrooper blaster from tucked under my clothes.  He let me go with a hard shove.  He didn't seem to consider me a threat.  He must've figured out by now I was just one of those Alderaanians trying to escape.  Nothing more.

"You're getting off at my next stop," he said and walked back towards his seat. 

"That's all?" I asked cautiously.

"Well I'm not giving you any snacks if that's what you're asking."

"Honestly, I thought you were going to beat me up," I admitted.

"Try stealing my blaster again and I just might."

I remained silent after this.  I sat myself on the floor of the ship near the cockpit.  I remembered the punch I had thrown at the stormtrooper during my escape.  The sound of bone breaking echoed in my ears.  I held my wrist with my other hand, massaging it to feel for anything strange.  It was hard to tell since I couldn't feel much. 

I never really cared if I ever got injured, but my sister did.  Since she wasn't here and I had no idea if I'd ever see her again, I felt it would at least make her happy to know that I was looking after myself.

I looked towards the bounty hunter who was staring out the window.

"Um, do you have any medical supplies?" I asked carefully.  "I think I might've broken my wrist."

He turned around in his seat to look at me and scoffed.  "You think?  Kid, if you broke your wrist, you would know it."

"Well," I began.  "Is this normal?" I shook my wrist around and it bent in all the wrong ways.

"WHAT THE KRIFF!" he shouted horrified.  The bounty hunter was pressed against his seat as he watched my lack of response.  "Doesn't that hurt?"

"Nope," I sighed as I prepared myself to explain to him something I've had to explain more times than I could count.  "Nothing hurts me.  I can't feel any pain."

"You can't feel pain right now, or you never feel any pain?"

"Never.  I've never felt pain in my life."

~~~~
Hi, welcome to my story! Hope you guys are liking it so far 😁💞
Updates should be every Thursday!