7 ☠︎︎ naboo

I took care of my own wounds that I received from the beatings in Belsavis prison.  I even re-wrapped my wrist.  As I handled myself, I thought about how I was supposed to get my siblings back from the Empire.  Nash Windrider said they were aboard an Imperial destroyer.  I knew Boba said he could help me get them back, that he had connections with the Empire, but I wasn't so sure I could trust his words.  Besides, the people at Belsavis knew Boba Fett was the one who had broken in twice now.  I decided to ask him about it.

"Yeah, I don't think the Empire will be hiring me again anytime soon," he said.  "Not since the prison break."

I brought my forefinger to my mouth as I thought about our next steps.  The longer I speculated, the more hopeless I felt.  It was impossible.  There was no way in the galaxy I could get my sister and brother back.  They would be stuck in the hands of the Empire.  I would never see them again.  A small whimper escaped my lips.

"Hey, I know it looks bad, but we'll find a way to get them back," Boba reassured me.  "Every cloud has a silver lining."

I slowly glanced up at him.  "What?"

"Well, we had a lot of clouds on Kamino and I hated them."

"No, what does that mean?"

"It's something my father used to tell me," Boba said with a sigh and leaned back in his chair.  "It means there is always hope, no matter how bad things may seem."

"Your father, the bounty hunter, told you that?"

"He was a smart man."

"Well, he raised a bastard of a son like you," I joked.

Boba scrunched his face.  "Well, I guess I deserve that one."

I broke into quiet laughter and felt my anxiety melt away.  Boba smiled and then faced the window.

"How about we turn in this Laskaris guy first and then we'll figure out how to get your siblings back?" he suggested.  "One step at a time."

That sounded alright to me.  After all the effort I put into breaking this guy out, I wanted to see it to the end.  Maybe getting our hands on some credits could help us. 

"Yeah, let's collect that bounty."

Boba grinned and pulled up the information on the client who wanted Laskaris.  He contacted them and a place to do the transfer was decided on.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"The client wants to meet us on Naboo."

"Naboo," I repeated. "Very... Empire."

"Yeah, strange," Boba agreed in a cautious tone. The man we had just helped escape was being held in an Imperial prison.  Why would they want to meet on the emperor's home planet?

***

As Boba landed the ship on an airfield, I went down to the cargo hold to see our bounty.  He was still in his gray prison uniform. He had a long, tired face, but he seemed in a good mood.  After all, we did break him out of prison.

He saw me looking at him and lifted his head. "So you're the one the bounty hunter went back for," he said in a calculating voice.

I shrugged my shoulders. "And you're Jezero Laskaris," I said. Lots of people had tried getting him out, but none succeeded. "Why is the bounty on you so high?"

He let out a deep chuckle. "Somebody wants to start a war," Laskaris said in a low voice. I knew he was an arms dealer, but I couldn't understand how he was so sure of himself.