5 ☠︎︎ belsavis

The ship was on course for Belsavis.  Boba had shown me how to use the tool he bought on Nal Hutta to assist me in opening Laskaris' cell.  While I sat stiffly in the cockpit, Boba was busy in his quarters.  He finally reappeared in simple clothes.  He wasn't happy about having to disguise himself in order to infiltrate the prison, but he said it was worth the bounty.

"Are you ready?" he asked me. 

I noticed he hadn't loaded his wrist rockets or the freakishly huge missile he kept in his jetpack.  I didn't even see his jetpack. He hadn't even holstered his EE-3.

"No guns?" I asked.

"No, at least not yet," he said.  "That prison has radars in place that will detect any incoming weaponry.  They would catch us before we even get there."

"So why the blaster lesson?"

"Cause once we're in," Boba said leaning over the control board of the ship, staring at the planet coming into view.  A crooked smile broke onto his face.  "We can take the guards' guns."

"Right."

Boba masked the ship's signature in order to pass through the prison blockade undetected. He flew towards the planet and lowered the ship onto the surface. I looked outside the window to see it was a cold, foresty world. There was snow, but still greenery peeking out. 

Boba went to the back of the ship and reappeared with a small, intricate device in his hand.  It had some kind of cover on it.

"This is what you'll use to disable Laskaris' cell," he said turning it over in his hands and showing me how to make it work.  I had to insert the device into the droid outlet and navigate the system a bit to open the man's cell without triggering any alarms.  Simple.

"Remember, it's very important that you get to the cell systems," he said in a grave voice. "If we fail this, there's no bounty. You have to do whatever it takes."

"I will," I said with growing confidence. The plan we had gone over seemed pretty good to me. It was the end of it that worried me. "Just make sure you do your part and get me out of the prison."

"You don't have to worry about me doing my part," Boba said shooting me a smile before slanming the button to open the ship's ramp. He sent me a nod which I shared and we left the ship.

We trekked through the cold forest for quite a distance. It was necessary that we land far away from the prison to avoid the scans. It took some time, but we made it to the outer perimeter of Belsavis prison. It was a large complex. It contained a lot of open, outdoor space as well as multiple buildings for its various criminals. Tall mountains sprouted from one of the facility's sides, while flat land covered in snow surrounded the rest of it.

There were two guards stationed at one of the side entrances to the prison complex. We would be needing their uniforms. Boba and I shared a look. I nodded at him silently to signal I was ready. He picked up a rock and threw it into an unfrozen stream a bit of ways from our location. Boba and I hid in the frosty shrubs as we watched the guards' attention draw towards the noise. It wasn't enough. Boba picked up a bigger rock and threw it against another one causing a ruckus.

The guards now looked at each other and started for the noise. With the two now being lured in, Boba came in from the side and appeared behind them. It wasn't long before the guards were knocked out on the ground. I left my spot in the bushes and scurried over. I wasted no time in peeling off one of the guard's uniforms and putting it on over my clothes. Boba did the same. We put on their caps and I looked at him with a shred of amusement on my face.

"Stay focused," he warned me.

"It's a little difficult to do that seeing you dressed up like this," I cackled softly and looked the bounty hunter up and down.