The beginning

As my alarm rang at exactly 8am, i reached out to my phone to stop it and slowly got out of bed. I went straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth and headed downstairs for coffee. Charlie was already up, drinking her coffee and reading something on her phone.

"Goodmorning", i said as she raised her head from her phone and said goodmorning back.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and opened the fridge to see my almond milk box empty.

"Im gonna kill Mike.", i hissed and Charlie laughed.

"You know he always does this, i don't know why you still get mad every time", she said and after taking a sip from her drink continued. "So they're giving you a new case today, right?"

"Yeah, i have to meet Gomez in an hour to give me the details. I hope it wont be something too time consuming, i really need a break.", i said as i groaned.

I took another sip of my cup and walked upstairs to get ready, as i didnt have much time. After putting on a shirt, black jeans and simple high heels, i put my gun in my holster and my badge in my pocket.

I parked my car in front of the huge building that had a "FEDERAL BUILDING" sign on it. I made my way to my supervisor's office and knocked on the door. As i heard a "come in", i opened the door and entered the room.

"Hey, boss, how're you doing?" i said with a smile as i sat down in the chair in front of his desk.

"Im good, thank you." he said and after a short pause continued. "We have some leads on a new case that we need you to take but there are some very important things you need to know first." As he said that, he pulled a picture of a man who looked oddly familiar.

"This is the man we're after." He spoke, waiting for my reaction.

Sudden realisation hit me.

"Wait, this is Johnny, he used to be an agent at Graceland with Charlie and the others before i came along. Why are we investigating him?", I asked confused.

"Jane, he is not who he used to be. You don't know him. That's why we want you to take the case." he said, making a short pause. "The others have a personal connection to him and i cant let them lead this investigation."

I let out a sigh and listened to the details about him and why I need to get to him. Apparently, he now goes by Rio and after he left the FBI, he went MIA for some time and resurfaced in Michigan a couple of months ago, but now he's back in LA.

I took the file on him and left the office. After a short drive i was back home, apparently to an empty house. Everyone was out, working on their cases. I went up to my room and sat on the desk to look more deeply into the file. I looked at his picture and he looked different from the pictures i had seen of him with the others. He had a tattoo on his neck now, some kind of a bird maybe. I spent the rest of the day trying to find connections to him and his associates and trying to figure out a way to insert myself into their gang.

After a long day of trying to figure out how he got himself into this position, i went downstairs to see Charlie making her famous pasta sauce. Every time she tells the same story about her ancestors and how they made the sauce. Everyone was in the kitchen except for Paul.

"Hey, where's Briggs?" i asked Charlie, as she shook her head indicating she didn't know.

"What's going on with the new case, who are we after now?" she asked as my whole body tensed at the image of Johnny in the file i had in my room.

"Um, just some gang that recently relocated to the city, nothing interesting." i replied and Paige looked at me with suspicion.

I grabbed the sandwich i made for myself and went back to my room. It was already late and i was tired from getting familiar with my new target so after eating my sandwich i took a shower and went straight to bed.

xxx

Hello, guys, this is my first story and i hope you enjoy it. I will be trying to update as fast as i can as i have sooo many ideas and i cant wait to share them with you.