You ready, mama?

3:22 am
I couldn't sleep after what happened. All i could do was play it out in my head over and over again. I couldn't understand why i did it. Or why it made me feel that way. Vulnerable. Why did he affect me like this? This wasn't supposed to happen. I'm not supposed to want to know what happened to him. I'm supposed to get close to him and when i gain his trust, put him where he belongs. In prison. Thinking about it, i started to realise what i was gonna do was betray him. But what i couldn't realise was why i cared. I had all these questions but no answers.

I pulled myself together and decided to go to sleep. I cleaned up the kitchen, changed into my comfortable pajamas, brushed my teeth, did my skincare and finally slipped into the comfort of my queen sized bed.

---

10:00 am
As my alarm rang, i opened my eyes and for a mere second there was nothing but peace. Then it all hit me at once. Rio, the investation, my feelings. After all the thinking i did last night, i decided to take it one day at time and not overthink it too much. Well, if it was even possible. But the least i could was try.

I took a quick shower and put on some jeans and a simple top. I made myself some coffee and got my pack of cigarettes. It was almost time. As i was finishing my coffee on the balcony i heard my phone ring from the inside. Rio. I picked up and heard his husky voice on the other side of the line.

"You ready, mama?" he spoke.

"Yeah. Where should i meet you?" i asked.

"I'm waiting for you outside." he said and hung up.

I put my long dark waves in a low bun, put my gun in the rim of my jeans and made my way out of the apartment.

He was waiting for me in his black cadillac. A looked around but i didnt see any of his guys around. I guess because he was picking me up. I got into the passenger's seat and buckled my belt.

"You don't need to look over shoulder. They aint following you anymore." Rio said as he started the ignition.

"What are you talking about?" i asked knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"Oh come on, darling, i know you've noticed. You're too smart to not have figured it out." he said and a smile formed on his lips.

"Thank you." i replied and made a short pause. "Hey, um, about last night..."

He spoke before i could finish.

"Dont worry about that, hun, i know you wont be able to stop yourself next time." he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at his words but i knew he was right. That's why i had to make sure there wasn't gonna be a next time.

"So, where are we going?" i asked.

"You said you wanna be more involved. So we're gonna drop off something to our new associate." he said.

I assumed he probably meant that Mark guy we met at the hotel. Rio gave me instructions what to do once we got to what seemed to be a bank. All i had to do was let one of the bank tellers know i was there to make a "special deposit".

I got the black bag from the backseat and made my way into the building. I saw that one of the employees was currently not dealing with customers and headed towards her.

"Hello, how may i assist you today?" she asked with a smile.

"I'm here to make a special deposit." i replied.

"Follow me." she said as she got up.

She led me into what seemed to be a vault, told me to just leave the bag there and after doing what she said i wished her a nice day and left.

I got back to the car where Rio was waiting for me.

"Everything good?" he asked and i gave him a nod.

"You left the money in the vault at the back?" he asked like he was doubting me.

"Yes. It's all good. Can we go now?" i said slightly annoyed.

The money delivery wasn't something big, but it was definitely a start. Rio was starting to trust me and i wasn't gonna question it. As i said, one day at a time.

After he drove me home, i updated Gomez on the investigation and spent the rest of the day digging into the banker's life. If he was gonna be a part of the game, i had to do my homework on him.

xxx

Hello, darlings, first of all i wanna thank everyone who is reading. I'm trying to update as frequently as possible.
What do you think is gonna happen next between Jane and Rio?
Please vote and leave comments. I would really appreciate it if you gave your opinions on each chapter. xx