[An eventful afternoon]

Emilia strode gracefully in the family-run, rural establishment, the light bouncing off of her radiant silver hair. Her mauve-turquoise gaze lit up each time she laid the gems upon the small pieces of hand stitched clothing.

"Subaru! Subaru! Look at this one! It's so small and soft.. I wonder if our baby will fit into it-" Emilia picked up a single piece of unique, petite clothing by it's shoulders. "-but you're quite small as well, aren't you Subaru?"

"-Eh?" Zoning back into reality after staring at the gleeful Emilia, he prostrated himself, startled by her verbal slander.

"I'm right aren't I? You're smaller than Roswaal." Slender fingers lined together, Emilia raised her hand above her head, briefly matching it with Subaru's height, followed by stretching her arm up as high as she could.

"Haah?! Roswaal is like.. a clown giant! It simply isn't fair comparing me to him, Emilia-tan."

"Hmm.. I see. I believe you would look odd if you were any taller."

"So d'you want me to be taller or not?!"

"Be small. That way we won't have to spend much money on baby clothes." Subaru couldn't argue with Emilia's unfair logic, however he also couldn't stand his height being berated. He was pretty tall for his age.. in Japan.

"Hey, Emilia-tan? Don't you think we should wait a little before buying clothes? What if the baby comes out huge? Like.. massive?!" Using his arms, Subaru demonstrated how big the baby could be. Maybe twenty inches long was an overstatement, but Subaru continued to stand by his point - looking stupid while doing so. Emilia placed her index finger to her chin, curling it at the tip.

"I suppose you're right.. but! we still need to buy a few things, like.. like toys!" After lowering her head to think, Emilia raised it with a confident smile, now bringing the tips of her two index fingers together.

"Emilia-tan?"

"Yes?"

"Could it be you just want to spend money?" Subaru voiced his assumption matter-of-factly. The fidgety half-elf girl confirmed said suspicion without even speaking. Rather, it was more the jolt that gave it away.

"Eh? What? Subaru, don't make silly assumptions like that. That's not very nice. Bad boy." Emilia huffed, folding his arms and scolding Subaru. He stopped himself from chuckling at her nervous speaking habit: speeding up her speech to almost an incomprehensible level.

"Yeah, I'm being suuuuuper bad. Since I loooove shopping so much, we should go back to the mansion as punishment." Subaru hasn't even noticed any changes in Emilia (other than her constant lectures of do's and don't's with babies), and therefore, he didn't want to waste money on something they weren't even going to use. Natsuki Subaru was just smart like that. He had previously asked Ram if she had been cleaning up any messes made by the half-elf at any point, though he didn't get an answer. Only a wack over the head by a feather duster. He hadn't tried asking Emilia directly yet, since that was something awkward for a woman to discuss, right? It wouldn't matter either way in reality; both the love stricken boy, and the seemingly indifferent half-elf had embarrassed themselves in front of one and other countless times. What does one extra matter?

"I'm not going to fall for your reverse psychology, dunderhead."

"No one says 'dunderhead' anymore. Anyway, Emilia, have you been.. er... throwing up at all? Feeling sick?" What else comes with pregnancy? Subaru didn't know.

"Er.. my tummy has been hurting a little bit.." Keeping her gaze away from Subaru, Emilia began re-folding the childrens clothing she had been admiring minutes prior.

"Your tummy huh? The higher or lower part?"

"Subaru, what's with all there personal question?!" The tips of her ear's red.

"Is it so wrong of me to want to know how the best girl in the world is doing?"

"..Honestly, you're really odd." Emilia crossed her arms in a huff once again, her long hair shuddering with each movement she made.

"Which is it? Top or bottom?"

"...Top."

"Then it's all of the biscuits you've been eating." Once again startled by the rebuke, Emilia flinched, untangling her arms in order to ball her fists by her sides.

"I haven't been eating that many..!"

"Yeah, yeah.. Then maybe it hurts because you're hungry?" Subaru looked to be pondering, trailing his eyes to the ceiling.

"..No, I haven't been feeling that hungry."
"Because you're always snacking on those biscuits." He locked his eyes with hers without a moment of hesitation.

"Subaru..!"

"Barusu. Hurry up." A familiar, cold heard voice spoke into his ear, forcing him to snap his attention to it. Ram, with an aloof expression, stared into his soul. "You have spent far too much time in the capital already."

"Ram?? When'd you get here??"

"I had finished my shopping thirteen minutes ago and decided to wait outside. However, you seem to believe my time is one able to be waisted." She brought herself a few steps away from Subaru.

"How was I supposed to know you were waiting??"

"That was a joke."

"Which part??"

"Lady Emilia, it is time to return to the mansion." The pink-topped girl, her small figure clad in a maids attire, bags at her hands filled with dietary supplies turned her attention to the most important out of the three present.

"Oi! Don't ignore me!" But of course, she did anyway. Even after rising to the title of Emilia's knight, Ram's attitude towards him hadn't changed one bit.

"..Right, we can go back. The sun will be setting soon anyway." Assumable feeling bad for Subaru, she once again made eye contact. "How about we come together again? When we have more time?"

"..E-eh..?! Like a date??" Subaru instinctively placed both of his hands to his sides militaristically, his shoulders rising, red sprinkling his cheeks.

"I suppose so. Would you like to?"

"Certainly! Whatever Emilia-tan wants." Subaru's face looked ugly - like a pufferfish. Ram rolled her eyes. Emilia gave a slight smile.