🖤 The Chronicles of Royalty 🖤

○~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~○

Y/N- Your Name
Y/N/N- Your Nick Name
Y/H/C- Your Hair Color
Y/E/C- Your Eye Color
Y/B/F- Your Best Friend

A/N-

So I wanted to try a series of regency era au's. So I'm going to do a couple of enemies to lovers oneshots that are y/n x Thomas. So stayed tune for more of those and let me know if you like this whole royalty genre.

Happy reading! Make sure to leave comments and vote!

○~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~○

She pushed open her eyes blinking a few times at the blinding ray of sunshine that made itself present from her window. She groaned as her lady's maid pushed back the curtains, to her dismay.

"Bright and early. M'lady." The petite woman cheerfully greeted.

"6 is much to early for me to be awake." The woman groaned. She shuffled around in the black and gold sheets that surrounded her tall figure. The golden sun painted her face in vertical lines. The gold shone off her y/h/c locks as she tried to tame the long- unruly locks with her hand. She sat up letting the sheets pool around her waist revealing her silk night gown.

"Not when said duchess has invited guests." Anna giggled. To this, the woman groaned.

"Of course, Anna, could you be a dear and run me a bath. Oh, and lay out my... most scandalous gown." The woman called as she got up and sat at her vanity. She ran a brush across her hair smoothing out the curls, so they all fell even.

"Of course. I assume you want the black one, since a mister sangster of Devonshire will be arriving in a few hours." The maid said, running into the bathroom. When the maid was done boiling water she wrapped her employer's hair into a beautiful yet slightly mess bun, just so she wouldn't get her hair damp.

The woman gracefully peeled off her nightgown and stepped into the marble bath, "I must look better than my rival at all times, if not, he would surely have won by now." She smiled as she sinked into the warm water, letting out a breathy sigh at the feeling of the water caressing her skin.

○~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~○

About an hour later the woman's heals clicked as they fell upon the marble staircase. Her hair was pulled into a gorgeous updo. Where only a few peices of hair fell down to frame her. face. A black silk dress was dropped across her figure hilightkng her curves in a manner that was nothing short of heavenly. The back dipped low, reaching the small of her back.

"If I knew I would be greeted by this, I would make your acquaintance more often than not." She didn't dare turn her head, she knew who was in her presence.

"Thomas." She said without cracking a smile.

"Y/n." He greeted. "What a beautiful house. It can't be that your the only resident, can it? I wonder who owns this pretty little thing..." he said trailing his fingers up and down the marble railing.

"I do." She stated, finishing her walk down the stairs.

"Oh, I see, you own this. You being a woman, and quite a pretty one at that. How did you daddy work that one out? Does he have the law under his thumb?"

"Huh, what are you trying to do, sangster, black mail me. It won't work. Especially since I have bigger things to worry about. Like perhaps a ball." The woman said beginning to walk away. But she was stopped by a hand on her wrist. This hand spun her around pulling her flush against her guest.

"I trust your dancecard will have my name on it." He stated.

"As you wish, duke." She spat through her teeth.

"And sweetheart, leave the dagger." He whispered as he trailed his hand along her thigh making the cold metal of her holster brush across her skin. He let his fingers linger on her skin, as he drew odd shapes all around her.

She straightened her posture and made quite an effort to leave, but her body compelled her to lean into his touch. Despite what her brain told her.

"You better be going. You have a party to host." He whispered. "What would people think of they saw thr strong and stubborn   duchess of Blenheim palace pressed up against her unsavory counterpart?" He said, letting his breath tickle at the back of her neck.

She pulled her dagger from her thighand flipped him so that she was holding the dagger against his neck. Making a droplet of blood pool at the tip of the blade. "I would watch you'll back if I were you, I am more than capable of making someone go missing, and I will not hesitate to doing so." She hissed. "Enjoy the dancing, sweetheart." She returned her knife to its hiding place and swiftly walked away.