2| our faces must be mirrors

Cameron POV:

The voices of early congratulations we're starting to melt into each other as I finally got to the end of the aisle. Beside me, Marcus puffed out his chest as he scanned the sea of curious eyes.

"Damn, the women on the Garcia side of the family are kinda hot." He runs his hands through his chocolate locks as he speaks.

I roll my eyes, before nodding at a concierge nearby. "We're ready here."

The concierge nodded back, before making his way back up the aisle. I let my eyes close for a moment, blocking out the chatter and focusing on breathing. Until that silence was broken.

"Cynthia!" A small woman nearly jumped out of her seat, waving her hands wildly. "I've got the best seat in the house!"

Cynthia, was that her name? I've never actually known what her first name was, only her last name, Miss Garcia, next to her approximated worth on the marriage proposal. Her parents had offered her hand in marriage for peace between the mafias, but the unfortunate death of her parents under 'mysterious circumstances' left a sour taste on everyone's tongue, one that would hopefully be sweetened by today's agenda.

I nearly jumped out of my skin as the wedding march started up, slicing through my thoughts. My head snapped up automatically as Marcus let out a loud sigh, then a low whistle.

"Dayum, the women in Spain are hot." He mock whispered.

A few metres ahead of me, a tall brunette watched me from under long eyelashes. Her wedding dress reflected the sunlight like a million tiny stars, and I was sure someone on the back row would get blinded.

She seemed to only look at me for a second before her eyes went down again, and she took her first step onto the silk aisle. Her actions were slow, tentative, like she was unsure of what to do. I smiled in her direction to try and encourage her, which seemed to work.

She finally reached my side, and I looked into her wide hazel eyes. They seemed guarded, but I assume it was from apprehension. Obviously it was: we've never met before, yet she would be my wife in a few minutes. It's not everyday you marry a Rivera.

She briefly watches me, as the vicar opens his booklet and raises his gaze to meet the crowd.

"As you know, we are all gathered here for the union of Rivera and Gar..."

I felt my jaw tighten. Fuck, I didn't think he'd actually go through the whole script like in other people's weddings. I thought we'd be in and out.

I turn to Marcus, who's already looking stricken back at me. Our faces must be mirrors. Turning back to the vicar, I coughed, and he stopped. "Is this whole palaver really necessary." I whispered.

The vicar looked confused, but skipped ahead a few pages and cleared his throat for the second time. "Mr Cameron Jasper Rivera, do you take Miss Cynthia Rosalie Garcia to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." I could hear my voice echo through the silence. Next to me, Cynthia flinched.

"Do you, Miss Cynthia Rosalie Garcia take Mr Cameron Jasper Rivera to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

She hesitated. "I do." Her voice seemed flat and disinterested, yet she has said it.
Hi
"By the powers given to me by the church, I now pronounce you husband and wife." Cheers started, mainly from the Rivera side. "You may now kiss the bride."

I leaned towards Cynthia, pausing just before our noses would have touched. She didn't move at all, or flinch at our closeness. I closed my eyes and felt our lips brush gently.

But I could tell from the flutter against my cheeks her eyes were still open.

A/N: comment if I should continue with the story