002

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
SAEBOM HIGH
MIDDAY
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ as soon as the bell rang for lunch, seojun was already out of his seat and walking out of the door. sumin knew how petty he could be, so she just sat down in his seat which was still surrounded by his friends.

"can you guys corner him, or should i?" she asked, completely serious. she hadn't been able to have any outside communication for a month and she felt like her brain was going to explode.

the guys all shook their head vigorously. "he'd kill us if we did, he's in a bad mood."

she rolled her eyes. "you're exaggerating."

"we really aren't, he's literally a ticking time bomb." chorong looked around and everyone agreed with him.

she one more look around the circle. "whatever, i'll do it." sumin stood up with a pop from her shoulders. with her luck, he'd either run away or hide, most likely both.

while she searched, sumin thought a little bit. if she were in his place, she'd be just as mad as him. but if he really wanted to know where she was, he could've asked sujin.

sumin looked at all of their favorite places, the roof, the staircase, and the abandoned classroom, but still couldn't find him. the doors to the cafeteria burst open as she walked in while scanning the room.

once she finally caught him, she was about to walk up to him and talk. sumin stopped in her tracks after he pulled a chair over next to jugyeong and sat with a smile. that sweet smile that he had only shown her after years of friendship, was now so easily being put on display for another person. let alone in front of an extremely pretty girl.

but it had only been a month, and that wasn't long enough for him to replace her. seojun had always been forgiving towards her, so what made this time any different? her lunch tray was now filled with food as she made her way to the table.

right as she was a few feet from the last empty seat, sooah's boyfriend ran past her to take it and sat down without sparing a glance towards her. the table was now completely full and sumin looked around to see where else she could sit. seeing as chorong and the rest weren't there at the moment, and no one else in school necessarily liked her presence, she made her way back out of the cafeteria to the classroom.

it had been a while since sumin had eaten in the classroom alone, so it felt awkward and suffocating. if you were to tell her a week ago that she'd be eating alone again, she'd think you were insane and laugh. she even almost pitied herself for a second, but anything was better than seeing whatever she had just seen.

of course sumin had nothing against jugyeong, she couldn't control his actions. and plus, seojun wasn't an idiot, if he acted like that around her, then she must be near perfection.

jugyeong was extremely pretty, not the mention that the school uniform looked like it was meant for her, and from what sumin could tell, she was the nicest person in the entire school, and that was all that mattered.

sumin looked around the empty room before digging into her meal. for second she thought someone might've seen her leave since she was so close to the table. maybe someone would notice and go look for her, but she shook her head and piled tonkatsu into her mouth. the lunch ladies had given her extra since they knew it was her favorite.

the silence was just a little too much for her, so she put in her earphones and hit shuffle. a faster paced song came on and she tapped her finger against the desk to the beat. her ringer went off and she unlocked the phone to check who it was.

turns out it was just sujin asking where she was. sumin quickly typed in that she was just bored and walking around the school and sent the message. she picked her utensils up and continued to eat the remaining food on her desk.

after her meal, she took the empty tray back to the cafeteria and put it in the pile of dirty dishes. she knew she shouldn't keep looking over, but one more time wouldn't hurt. on the table sat trays upon trays of tonkatsu, and in front of them sat seojun with his head propped up on his hand wearing that same smile while staring at jugyeong, who had a bewildered look on her face. sumin wondered for a split second if he knew that tonkatsu was her favorite too.

she decided that she'd just talk to seojun tomorrow. maybe one month really was enough time. sumin slapped her cheeks as she walked through the empty halls, she told herself to quit thinking about it. it wasn't like they were together in the first place, so all she just had to get over it.

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
KANG RESIDENCE
AFTERNOON
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ someone knocked on sumin's door while she was finishing up her homework. "come in!"

"where were you at lunch?" sujin asked.

"i told you i was walking around."

"liar, you have your location on and you weren't moving anywhere."

sumin looked up, "who are you, the fbi?" she set down her pencil and faced her body to her sister laying down on her bed. even sumin knew that it was impossible to keep anything from her because of what sujin said was 'a twin sense.'

"i ate in the class because there wasn't space–." sujin got up and punched her arm. "OW! what was that for?"

"if i saw you, i would've kicked someone out." she turned serious, "i know you don't like eating by yourself."

"i don't mind it that much anymore," her heart slightly beat harder after the white lie.

"quit lying, i can hear your heartbeat."

"what? that's impossible, can you?" sumin put her pointer finger on her wrist to test her pulse.

"i can't, but now i know that you're lying." sujin pulled her into a headlock and messed up her hair. grunts came from sumin as she struggled to get out of her impenetrable grip. she double tapped her sisters arm as a surrender, and sujin released her. "you're too strong for your own good." all the girl did was shrug and went to lay in her twin's bed.

while sumin got back to her homework, she remembered something. "hey su," the laying girl lifted her head off the pillow. "did seojun ever ask where i was?"

"he left and came back a few days ago, so i don't think he ever got around to it."

"he left? for what?" sumin asked.

"the teachers said it was personal issues. he was only in school for about a week without you there. why? did he say something to you?"

"nah, nothing like that," what could he have possibly been doing?

sujin noticed her twin's distressed face and made a mental note to tell seojun about the phone incident and scare him straight. "quit sulking, it'll give you wrinkles. bring your math work over here so i can help you."

sumin jumped up at the thought of a free tutor and nearly threw her homework onto the bed.

once it was finally getting late, they finished up the remaining work.

"sorry for not telling seojun about the phone thing, i shouldn't have been petty over it."

sumin buried her face in her pillow and laughed, "i'm sorry too, for saying i was hotter," sujin's eyebrow pulled in suspicion. "i shouldn't have let the truth slip like that." hands immediately made their way to sumin's sides as she was violently tickled. she probably would've screamed in a mixture of laughter and pain if it weren't for their father who had just gotten home.

"i told you," sumin had a moment to breathe as her sister scratched her nose. "you're too damn strong." she let out a fake cry and an obnoxiously low sob, and sujin hit her with one of the pillows and then kicked her off the bed. the girl on the ground groaned and looked at sujin who was trying to hold in another laugh.

"girls! downstairs, now!" the twins paused.