Prologue:

To whom much is given, much is expected.

***

People are hard to read, there's a subtlety to all they are, their variability, tastes, tongues, race, rhyme or reason. I've always wondered about this, about humanity and the entirety of life—it's depths and facets. It's as mystery, unsearchable by the folly and a stumbling block to most. The haughty and affluent being hell bent on amassing wealth, marry futile quests, making merchandise at the expense of ethics. To this end, a sinister darkness abounds them, along with all that's vain.

Still, in this day and age, disinformation is bought by the public from entertainment packaged and repacked with lewdness. Dear me, these juicy tabloid stories, always trumpeting trumpery while remaining hush on all that truly matters! ¿ No brainer! I heard a proverb, it nudges wisdom in holding one's peace and those unfamiliar with it probably know nothing of it, caught in a snare of their tragic lifeline.

I've come to understand existence to some is truly the endless list of needs so basic, begging for satisfaction; it's escaping battles to wage wars in the mind, heart and well, obviously soul. Like why it is that some have to fight faltered futures, framed from empty words of the empowered? And these presidents, they plan and plot with princes to destroy the righteous ways of old for a 'greater good'. The kind of 'good' lingering on tongues in mouths of the unbridled.

I'd say welcome to the matrix but are you even woke?

***

Far East of Marshpal you'd find that some lie, cheat, beg or bribe to make due. At least, to fend for their families and you would think what vice!? Dear me, this is the system, its constructs, one would even argue that 'such is life'.

There's been generational whispers resonating from prudent men saying, "Strive to live, only the fittest survive." This isn't privy, to date, in this age, these...all these: elite social classes, capitalistic bureaucracies and racial wars reign our societies—ruining economies, restraining relations. Quite nonsensical hurdles imposed on as standards to live by, if you'd ask me, I'd say how about love and equity? Those would encompass all.

Hitherto, scales have tipped to those who justify ends by their means. Through and through, this is as turmoil apportioned to innocent individuals whose odds are ever against them.

But oh well, I guess, it is what it is.

***

A/N: Thanks for reading😊

Hope you liked the prologue?

Shirlin