Chapter 47 - New Captain America

It's only been a few months since the big battle, I was living alone in New York. I'm constantly reminded of Tony....everywhere I go.

But I was pissed off.....Sam gave up the shield.

That shield was so important...Steve trusted him. Sam just threw it away like garbage.

And you know what they did with it? They made a guy named John Walker the new Captain America.

If I could beat Sam....I would.

Well now I have the chance, he needs my help.

I march into the hangar with my suit on, Mjolnir was clipped on a little loop on my waist

"Y/N, it's good to see-" I cut him off by grabbing his throat and holding him high in the air.

"I'm only helping you because it's my job to stop these people. I have no desire in being your friend anymore." I suddenly drop him.

"Shouldn't have given up the shield." Suddenly James approaches us, his hair was cut.

"Good to see you too, Buck." Sam says, rubbing his neck:

"Oh great. He's here." I roll my eyes.

"This is wrong." James says.

"Hey, hey, look, we're working, all right? So all this outrage is gonna have to wait." Sam says.

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?"

"No, of course I didn't know that was gonna happen. You think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there and call him the new Captain America?" Sam says, turning to face him.

"Mhm...sure." I roll my eyes.

"Steve didn't want this." James says.

"Oh, my God. What do you want me to do? Call America and tell 'em I changed my mind? Huh?" Sam asks. "Yeah, right. It's a great reunion, buddy, be well."

"You had no right to give up the shield, Sam."

"For once I agree with him." I point.

"Hey. This is what you're not gonna do. You're not gonna come here in your overextended life and tell me about my rights. It's over, Bucky. Besides, I have bigger things to deal with now."

"What could be bigger than this?" James asks.

"This guy." Sam pulls out his phone and shows us. "His connections with rebel organizations all over Eastern and Central Europe, and he's strong. Too strong."

"And?" James asks.

"Well, he's been connected to this online group called the Flag Smashers. Now, Redwing traced them to a building somewhere outside of Munich. So that's where Y/N and I are going."

"Well, I don't trust Redwing." James nods. "Hold on a minute!" He stops us as we start to walk.

"You don't have to trust Redwing, but I'mma go see if he's right. 'Cause I have a feeling they might be a part of the Big Three."

"What Big Three?" James asks.

"Oh dear god..not this again." I sigh, James looks at me confused.

"The Big Three." Sam nods.

"What Big Three?"

"Androids, aliens, and wizards." Sam says.

"That's not a thing."

"Exactly." I nod.

"That's definitely a thing."

"No, it's not." I say.

"Every time we fight, it's one of the three."

"Who are you fighting now, Gandalf?" James asks, making me laugh. I quickly look away.

"How do you know about Gandalf?" Sam asks.

"I read The Hobbit in 1937 when it first came out."

"So you see my point?" Sam asks.

"No, I don't. There are no wizards."

"Doctor Strange." Sam nods.

"Is a sorcerer."

"Aah!" Sam points, "A sorcerer is a wizard without a hat. Think about it. Right? I'm right. I just came up with that. It's crazy. But that's not the point. These guys aren't magical. They use brute force like you, the incredibly annoying guy in front of me with the staring problem."

I look away, "Tony called him a wizard." The two look at me sadly as I walk off.

"I'm coming with you." James says.

"No, you're not!" I yell.

Of course he had to join.

We were flying above Munich, Germany.

"One minute to drop off, Sam."

"So what's our plan?" Sam and I don't respond. "Great. So no plan." James nods.

"Thirty seconds!"

"Enjoy your ride, Buck." Sam nods.

"No, you can't call me that."

"Why not? That's what Steve called you." Sam says.

"Steve knew me longer, and Steve had a plan."

"Fifteen seconds to drop."

"I have a plan." Sam walks to the open door.

"Really? What is it?" Sam shrugs and leaps out.

I follow him and fly out, looking down as James jumps out without a parachute.

He screams as he falls to the ground. "Wow that was great." I laugh.