Chapter 55 - Murderer

Bucky and I walk into the apartment together, "Something's up with John." I say, wearing my white suit.

"You don't say." Sam nods.

"Well, I know a crazy when I see one...Because I am crazy." Bucky takes off his jacket and pours himself a drink.

"Can't argue with that." Sam nods.

"Shouldn't have given him the shield." I shake my head.

"I didn't give it."

"Well, Steve definitely didn't." Bucky says.

"Sam I heard one world inside John's head.....Serum. What could that mean?" I ask.

I look over as the doors slam open. "All right. That's it. Let's go. I'm now ordering you to turn him over." John points at Zemo.

"Hey, slow your roll." Sam says. "Shield or no shield, the only thing you're runnin' in here is your mouth. Now, I had Karli and you overstepped. He's actually proven himself useful today. We'll need all hands on deck for whatever's comin' next."

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go, huh?" John asks. Yeah. Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?" John puts it down. He moves over as a spear is thrown right by his head.

"Release him to us now."

"Hi. John Walker. Captain America." John nods. "Well, let's, uh, put down the pointy sticks and we can talk this through, huh?"

"Hey, John, take it easy." I say.

"You might wanna fight Bucky before you tangle with the Dora Milaje." Sam nods.

"They don't have jurisdiction here..." John nods.

"The Dora Milaje have jurisdiction wherever the Dora Milaje find themselves to be."

"Okay. Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot." John chuckles and puts his arm on one woman. She hits him with her spear and the other kicks him back.

I stand there and smile as they are kicking his ass, "We should do something." Sam says.

"Looking strong, John!" I yell.

"Bucky..." Sam sighs, knowing I won't do anything.

Bucky then gets into the fights.

"Ayo, let's talk about this!" Bucky yells.

I take the drink Bucky had and start to drink it, enjoying the view.

My eyes widen as one messes with Bucky's arm and it falls off. "Damn." I chuckle. "You guys are amazing. Thank you for blessing me today." I smile.

One woman slightly smiles, "He is gone. Leave it." They leave....Zemo escaped.

"Did you know they could do that?" I ask Bucky.

Bucky puts back on his arm, "No."

I watch as he swings his arm around to get it back to normal,  "That was kind of hot." I mumble.

"What did you say?" Sam asks.

"Hm? Nothing."

God what the hell was wrong with me?

Bucky takes his drink back as I take a sip, we walk over to see how Zemo escaped.

"Super soldier." I hear in my head. I turn to see John walking out, looking broken.

"I can't believe he pulled an El Chapo." Sam sighs.

"I can."

"Come on." I whisper, turning back. "I'm sorry guys." It was my fault.

———————————————————

I look over as we walk down the street, Sam was talking on the phone angrily. "She said what? Right. Hold on, hold on. I know, I know. Listen, pack an overnight bag and take the boys."

"What happened?" I ask.

"Karli called Sarah. She threatened my nephews." Sam looks at us before talking to his sister again.  "Okay. Go somewhere safe. Only pay cash. All right? Tell me when you arrive. I know. Look, I love you. I'll never let anything happen to you and the boys. Okay. Bye." Sam sighs and stops.  "Karli wants to meet. She left a contact number." He looks down as his phone chimes, "She said come alone."

"We're coming with you." I nod.

After changing into our suits, we go to the coordinates

"Karli!" Sam yells.  We look up to see her up above. As the two climb the stairs, I fly up an stand aside, Bucky joining me. "You called my sister? That's how we're gonna play this?"

"I would never hurt her. I wanted to understand you better. I see you, um, didn't come alone."

"You have to end this now." Sam nods.

"I don't wanna hurt you. You're a tool in the regimes I want to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you, it'd be meaningless. I was gonna ask you to join me. Or do the world a favor and let me go."

"It's Walker." Sam looks at us.

As we jump down, Karlie hits Bucky. As she goes for Sam, I blaster her through the wall.

"I'll send you the location. Go!" Sam nods to Bucky .

I fly up with Sam, landing through a window to see a man was thrown down the stairs. John comes walking down and grabs a metal pipe and bends it as the man tries to hit him. He then throws the man.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"They got Lemar." We run behind him, leading us into another room.

We turn as three land behind us. I pull out Mjolnir and bring it to its original size, smiling as a woman approaches me. I swing it up and hit her, throwing her back to the wall. I fly forward and hit her again, knocking her out. When I put it back on my waist, I am grabbed from behind and stabbed in the shoulder, I yelp in pain as they stab me again.

Before I can blast them, I look back to see Bucky fighting them off. He pulls out the knife in my back and throws it at the ground next to ones head. I look over as Karli runs in and punches Lemar back.

He hits the pillar...slumping down. I grab onto Bucky in shock....I could hear no thoughts from him.

He was gone.

I run with Bucky and Sam, chasing after Karli. We eventually lose her once again through a crowd.

I suddenly stop in horror, John was murdering a man with the shield in front of everyone "Oh my god." I start to cry. I don't react as Bucky pulls me in and covers my face with his chest, holding onto the back of my head.

I could still see the shield covered in blood.