A Shoulder To Lean On (Matsuri X F!Reader)

After Matsuri's disastrous and embarrassing stream. She yelled into her pillow, tears trickling down her cheeks. "What else did I do wrong.. I've done everything to please her.. Gave her gifts.. Tch.. USELESS PRICK!" She yelled as she tossed her pillow away. Frustrated, she held her head and held on to her hair tightly. "Why.."

"Matsuri! Matsuri! Are you there?! Please answer me!" A young woman shouted from outside. Once Matsuri heard this, she immediately ran down and immediately opened the door and didn't hesitate to jump and wrap herself around the young woman. ((N/N).. What did I do wrong..? What did I do wrong?! I did everything for her, I made her laugh, I was always there for her!" She cried out. (Y/N) sighed and entered the house. "Matsuri, it doesn't mean she has to like you back. Sure you've done a lot for her but you never considered her feelings." Matsuri whimpered. "Thanks for being here.."

(Y/N) sighed. 'When are you gonna see..' She thought. She sat down on the couch, Matsuri got comfy on (Y/N)'s lap and kept crying. (Y/N) only rubbed her back and pat her head. "There there."

"I'll always be your friend. You can always use my shoulder to cry on." Matsuri nodded and hugged tighter. "Maybe Rushia or.. Pekora.. Maybe one of them likes me.." (Y/N) hearing this, pissed her off but kept it to herself.

"Ne.. Who do you think in Hololive likes me? Maybe I can try.. Luna? Yeah, Luna! She's cute and adorable! Hmm." (Y/N) was reaching her boiling point. "Look, can we just relax? Maybe we can play or watch something." Matsuri nodded and hopped off. "To my room then!" Matsuri ran off.

(Y/N) huffed and followed. "Always everyone else but never considered me. Fucking." She sighed and entered Matsuri's room, she was already seated and eager to play Smash. (Y/N) just sighed and sat down and the two started playing til the sun goes down. Occasionally, while playing, (Y/N) would flirt but it seems Matsuri never noticed it or just didn't care at all. (Y/N) sighed and rubbed her eyes.

Once nighttime hit, they both stopped and started joking and laughing at each other. Matsuri won most of the fights. Overall, both enjoyed their time. (Y/N) smiled and pulled Matsuri close. Matsuri sighed in content as she wrapped her arms around (Y/N)'s waist. The both sat in silence, both enjoying the beautiful quiet moment. Only to be ruined by Matsuri. "Oh! I need to contact Luna now then! I need to make plans already! Scoot over (Y/N)!" (Y/N) let out an exhausted sigh and just moved over.

Matsuri managed to contact Luna, (Y/N) hated this sight. Matsuri seems to be having the time of her life talking with Luna. (Y/N) stood up and left her room.

She walked downstairs and decided to cook dinner for Matsuri. She sighed as she heard Matsuri laughing hard and flirting constantly. She hated it. She finished cooking and tossed the pan into the sink and sat down on the dinning table, already prepped the food for her and Matsuri. She huffed as she crossed her arms.

After 3 hours of waiting, it was now 11, (Y/N) already started eating. Matsuri seemed to have forgotten she had a visitor in the first place. This frustrated (Y/N) to no end.

Finally having enough, she wrote down a note and slammed it on the table and made her way out. "I was always just that. A shoulder for you to cry on. Nothing more."

What (Y/N) didn't knew is that Matsuri talked to Luna about this whole mess she was and asked help from Luna to help her out confess to (Y/N), now did she only realized her feelings for her childhood friend.

Matsuri smiled and grabbed her phone and switched to discord and continue talking to Luna to her phone, she stood up and looked at the time. She was shocked that it was this late already. "(Y/N! You there still or did you finally pass out?" She chuckled and made her way downstairs, looking for any signs of (Y/N) but didn't see any. She didn't see her shoes nor the jacket she was wearing earlier. Matsuri grew worried. "Luna-hime, she isn't here." An audible pop was heard from Luna's side.

"Eehh? Maybe she went home-nanora." Luna explained, Matsuri seemed hurt that (Y/N) would just leave. Her nose finally pickrd up on the scent of food in the kitchen. She walked over and saw the note.

All the colours from her face was drained after she read it. She immediately hung up the call and fell on to her knees. "(Y/N).. I'm sorry.."

"I'm going home, I'm not needed here anymore. Seems you found yourself a new girl. Sometimes, you should look around you first and consider MY feelings for once. I was only a shoulder for you to cry on, but never rely on. I'm sorry, I need time to think. Don't try to find me."