Chapter 39

Assalamualaikum lovely people! Extremely sorry for making you all wait  for this update. We have reached the end of Rehan and Rida's story, Jazakumullahu Khairan for everyone who stuck through out this journey. Insha Allah I will try to update the epilogue before Ramadan but no promises.

And since Ramadan is nearing, make the best use of the month. Make lots of Duas and do remember this poor soul in your prayers, for I am in need of them.

May Allah accept your fasting, your Duas, forgive your every sin and grant barakah in your lives.

***

Difficult times In Islam are defined as a test by Allah SWT. He tests the ones who are loved by Him. One who seeks help from Salah and have patience, Allah will reward him and rescue him out of hardships.

Never in her life had Rida felt so nervous, not even when she was getting married, but today she was at the peak. She didn’t knew what she was going to speak or do but all she knew was that she was doing it for Rehan and that mere reason was enough to calm her down.

She would continuously look out once in a while, Kaif quietly driving while she played with her phone when she felt it ring startling her. Looking down she noticed Rehan’s name flashing on her phone that made her tense. She had not informed him about anything for she was scared of his reaction.

“Pick up the call Rida, Rehan might be worried. It’s ringing for the second time.” Kaif bugged in snapping her out of her thoughts. She glanced at him, who had his eyes fixed on the road before looking at the call. Taking a deep breath she picked up his call, not uttering anything.

“Assalamualaikum,” Rehan greeted her calmly, before he could start the conversation and hearing his calm voice brought a small smile on her face. She greeted him back, not questioning anything further because she knew he would be up with many questions.

“Whose address did you ask me to come? I don’t remember any of your relative staying there.” Rehan kept his thoughts thinking hard about it and when she did not say anything he called out to her knowing something was not right.

“You trust me?” Rida questioned him making him furrow his eyebrows at her question, “More than myself, but why are you suddenly asking me such a question Rida?” He answered sincerely, an unsettling feeling developing within him.

“Then please come, we are on our way.” She said and he nodded his head before, realising what she said, “We?” He questioned and Rida nodded her head before taking Kaif’s name, glancing at him who grinned at her.

“Rida this is not something related to me or my past, right?” Rehan questioned making Rida to dread to answer him, “I’ll be waiting for you.” With that she ended the call, making Rehan anxious. He knew something was up from the past few days, her behaviour had said it all but he had not thought much about it till now. He was scared not for him, but for her. He knew how his father was and to what extended he could go to harm people.

He once again called Rida, in the process taking his car keys and walking out of his cabin, informing the receptionist about his leave when he heard her voice.

“Don’t end the call until I reach you okay.” He said more like ordering Rida and she responded in positive nodding her head, glancing at the house that they had reached.

Turning around she noticed, Kaif parking the car at a distance while there were few more houses around but in a complete different condition. While the house she stood yelled nothing but riches the others were normal, making her think of how much they had spent on a house.