[18] Not Yet

ZYLAN'S POV

"Master, please tell President to disqualify me!" Ace has been telling me that since yesterday.

Today is the elimination for that Math competition. I'm surprised that Ace isn't aware about it. I mean, many teachers knew how good she is in that subject and she should've expect that they'll want her to participate.

We're walking down the hallway. It's only half-day for class hours, so we have time to do whatever we want. The school gives students time to review. But, my friend here is playing games on her phone.

"Congrats, Ace!" Kent suddenly appeared from behind. As usual, he's lively as a kid. Well, he's always been like that.

"What?"

"I'm sure you'll win the elimination round. You're the genius of our gang!"

"I'm not joining that lame competition. I don't want to stress myself."

I understand Ace has no interest to join those events. She's always been like that. She would rather spending her time in playing games or underground fights. But, she's a straight A student.

"They should find another student to replace me. I'm not going there and waste my time competing with them." Ace said and took out her phone.

***

It's afternoon and the elimination will start in thirty minutes. We're outside of the room, waiting for Ace. I didn't tell her to come here. I'm waiting for Sydney. She'll go home late later so I decided to wait for her. I'm sure my parents will take care of Lynx while waiting for me.

"Where's Ace?" Drake asked. It's obvious he's waiting too. I told them she won't come. I can't force Ace to participate here.

"Don't expect her. Go home, you four." I said, pointing at the exit.

"Master, we can't do that. We're here to support Ace."

I shrugged my shoulders. I'm not sure if Ace will show up. She said earlier she won't.

SYDNEY'S POV

I'm checking the technical staffs. The event will start in few minutes now. I have to make sure everything is good.

Helena walked to me and gave me the list of names of the participants. I haven't seen Riley yet. I wonder where she is.

"Miss President, your phone." One of the staffs gave me phone. I looked at it and I kept it in my pocket again. I can't use my phone right now. I have to check everything here.

Riley entered and I quickly walked up to her.

"There you are," I said, "Put our things in the back and secure it."

She nodded and walked to where our bags placed. She's walking a little slow. I wanted to tell her to move quickly but I didn't because she's wearing heels.

One of the teachers signaled me. Most of the teachers here are Mathematics major. I walked to Mr. Daniel and he's wearing a worried expression.

"What is it, Sir?"

"My student is still not here. I told her to come early, but she told me she won't participate." He said.

"What's your student's name?" I asked.

"Ace Davis, the consistent grade A student of my class."

Ace Davis? Don't tell me it's Zylan's friend.

The genius one, that's what Z told me. She's really good in Math and can solve the problems without mistakes.

"Do you have other students to replace her?" I'm starting panicking because it's almost time to start the elimination round and I have no idea what to do!