[16] Better

ZYLAN'S POV

I'm in my last class today. It's afternoon but I wanted to go home already because of it was Math class and Ace is the only interested in this subject.

"That's a complicated formula." Kent whispered to me.

"Just write it down. We have the back up for later." I said, referring to Ace who is busy solving the examples. She is the only one who can understand this freakin' class. It is complicated but our lives are more complicated than this!

"Who got the correct answer?" The professor asked. Our classmates looked at each other. Obviously, the whole class didn't understand his lesson. Everyone is quiet.

"Hello? Do I have any students here?" The professor asks again, annoyed.

Everyone remains quiet until a hand raises and we all looked at that direction.

"I did." It's Riley. Surprise? Nah. We already expected that. She has a reputation of one of the smart students here. Even though I'm relationship with the SC President, she didn't spare me from acting rude. Well, no wonder we never got along.

As expected, the professor nodded and praised her. My gang mates went back to writing what was written on board. It was obvious we just wanted to get out of this class.

I felt my phone vibrated and looked at professor. He is busy writing on the board again. I sneaked out my phone and see Sydney's message.

FROM: SYDNEY

-I can't go home early. I still need to take care some things. Sorry.

I looked up to check then back to my phone. I typed my reply quickly. I didn't want the professor to take my phone.

TO: ZYLAN

-Want me to pick you up later?

FROM: SYDNEY

-No, don't worry, I'll make it up to you.

Reading the last message made me smirk. Hmm...I wonder how she will make it up to me. Damn, I bit the inner side of my cheek to control the anticipation. I can't wait to see her—

"Ooh! I wonder what that means?"

I quickly hide my phone after hearing Kent's comment. I glared at him and he gave a teasing smile. I see Brad who's behind him, looking at us.

"I see you'll get some sweet later." Brad said and the two snickered.

"Shut up."

"I'm jealous, Master. Where did you find a gir—"

"MR. SCOTT!"

We both look up and caught the angry facial expression of the professor.

***

"Damn, my head hurts right now." I heard Drake complained. "I never like Math."

"Geez, that teacher gave me an assignment. I need a break!" Kent added. He was given an assignment just for him as punishment. Tch, that was a small reason, if you'd ask me.

I laughed as the two continued letting their complains out. Since Sydney texted me earlier, I didn't wait for her. But I worried a bit about her. I could wait for her to make sure she would be safe.

"Hey, Ace." Winter called. "Did you get the correct answer?"

We waited for Ace's answer.

"I did." She answered. "But it wasn't the same as the professor's."