chapter 2: the worst night in history

Djelayla's POV

in the middle of the night i woke up from a heavy pain in my stomatch. I felt like the hell was braking loss. knowing that it was the baby who wanted to come out, i woke up noatak and asked him to get the midwife. Noatak rolled over and slowly opend his eyes.

"mommy, what's the matter?"

he softly asked, not wanting his little sister to wake up. I smiled at him and put my hands on my stomatch.

"your baby brother ore baby sister wants to come out now, would you be so kind to ask the midwife to come please?"

Noatak immidiatly nodded and ran to the midwife. A few seconds later they came back. The midwife asked noatak to get his little sister out of the room so she couldn't weak up from the screams their mother was going to give when she gave birth to their new baby brother ore sister. Noatak did as he was told and helped dragged his little sister out of the room.

Femke's POV

"Noa, what happens?"

I asked a little drowzee. I just had the most wonderfull dream, about our baby brother who saved us all from slavery. Noatak lied next to me and pulled his arms around me.

"eveything is fine sissy, mommy is just going to havva baby"

with these words I jumped on my feet. The baby was coming! I wanted too ran too the door too see if mommy was already done with getting the baby, But noatak grabbes my arm firmly and pushes me back.

"nursy comes as she is done, she didda by you as well"

Noatak said as he looked at the closed door. I didn't understand that, but if noa said so, it was true, he was older then her, he knew better...

Noataks POV

Two hours later, the midwife finally came out and told us to get in.

"you have a wonderfull little brother kids"

The midwife told us as we both entered the room. I smiled when i saw my mother holding a tiny blanked were two hands were stretching out of. Djelayla smiled when she saw her two kids and told them to get closer.

"meet your new baby brother"

she said as she helt out the blanked so we could both see the little baby boy that was lying in it. He was dark brown hairs just like i had, he had a small face and a pretty smile on his face.

"what is his name going to be? may i pick?"

I asked with pleading eyes. I didn't had the change to pick the name of my little sister, because my father had already chosen her name. so i hoped now it was my turn to pick a name.

"I'm sorry my dear, I shall god decide what his name shall be"

our mom said as she started to fed our little brother.

"what do you mean by that mommy?"

I asked a little confused.

Djelayla's POV

"well, the fire nation and the earthkindom people always believed that the spirits protected them, but we believe in 1 god, that protects us because he loves us"

I explained as simple as possible, so my both childeren understood it and nodded in agreement.

"But what ale you gonna do with him then mommy?"

Femke asked slightly confused. She had hoped her baby brother would stay with them just like noa, so she could help me raise him. But I knew that, If the firenation found out we had a baby, we would be in big trouble.