Chapter II - How they get their riches

Interestingly, i do not remember much of the drive after that, but i do remember the feeling of my heart dropping, much like the bending moment of the floor in an old house when you drop something upon it, for straight ahead was a short human-like figure in a hat, i slammed the brakes, and yanked the steering wheel in attempt to swerve around the humanoid, the rear tires lost grip, sending the car into a 180.

When the spinning had stopped i found myself next to a gate, beyond it was a field that i couldn't see much of, i looked up the road and saw the figure approaching, and then, to the right in the field, many eyes, i felt like i was being watched times a million, and i noticed the engine had died, but no matter how hard i tried to get it started, it didn't start, i went to push the starter button again but i felt a bump on the car so i looked up, away from the leather-clad control panel in the middle of the dashboard, to see hundreds of creatures in green suits around the car, it took me a few seconds to register what i was seeing.

Leprechauns! i fumbled with the keyswitch and button as they tried the doors, tried to smash the windows, banging on panels and rocking the car, it's almost as if they wanted something, one managed to crack the windscreen, another broke the chrome cat 'leaper' off the bonnet, i thought they wanted it, but i was cut off mid thought as it was sent into the drivers side window, taking it out, i ripped the seatbelt off as i saw the green sleeve fumbling around for the lock, i tried to jump in the back but it was too late, one had pulled the door open and were pulling me by the legs out of the car, i thought of grabbing the steering wheel but it flew past in an instant.

The field must have been on a grade, as i was 20-25 feet away from the car when i got myself together, the sporran had gone from my kilt, nowhere to be found, and then i heard a familiar noise that was getting closer, i quickly realized it was my jag, they knew how to drive?! i was blinded by the flash of the headlights as i jumped out of the way, they were coming for me, trying to abduct me with my own car, i tried to run as i saw the rear door open, but in a flash i was thrown inside and heard the engine again, this time a fearsome note i hadn't heard before, that of a jaguar inline 6 being strained to within an inch of its life, as the outside started flying past, i was offered a choice.

' carr, airgead nó téigh go dtí ár n-áit? '

I have to admit, irish is a language i've never really understood, it's so complex, and written words are never pronounced how they seem, but in my little knowledge of the language i knew they wanted something, yet i couldn't reply.

' cur leis an bpota saibhris! '

I was then detained by them and robbed, all my coins, including my pocket piece, an old silver leath coroin, and everything else i had, like the silver celtic cross my mother gave me when i was 12, it was all taken, just gone.

Yet i can't remember what happened next, either they let me out, or they threw out of the car, i only remember seeing the stars vivid in the sky, and realizing one thing, that my car was gone.