Chapter III - The rest of that night

I vaguely remember looking around, at the road on the otherside of that gate, which was now open, and towards the starry sky, there wasn't a living thing in sight, nor was there any sign of my metallic cat, but it had made it's impression, for under the control of the leprechauns it had made noticable marks in the grass, perhaps, to the dismay of the owner of that land, but it is interestingly, that i have never since the event, been able that find that field by the gate.

I noticed a flicker of light in the distance and a noticable roaring sound, my only chance of salvation was coming, and as luck would have it, i managed to hitch the car by signalling to the driver under the moon light.

'Dublin bring me back to dublin' i said as i got in the car, i felt rather sorry for the driver for putting mud and grass on the backseat, i was about to offer to clean it for him when he noticed me, a young male, wearing a strangely irish tweed outfit, covered in grass and some mud.

'What the bloody hell happened to you?'

'I was robbed' i replied

'They took my money, my car, phone, jewellery'

The expression on the mans face changed from surprise to sadness, he even offered me his phone, but i declined, once we got back into dublin, he dropped me off, i found my way to a gardai station and reported the robbery, gave them the number plate of the car from memory, and details of everything that had been stolen, i did not tell them the full story however, then i made my way home and only then the whole thing hit me like a stone, it was just after 10 PM, i spent the rest of the night at the pub.

That was one year ago now, they found my car abandoned in a field in donegal, it had been trashed, i sold it to a jaguar enthusiast, and replaced it with a newer model, but i never found the kilt sporran.

Please don't drive in the irish countryside at night, and if you find the pot of money and gold, don't take from it, it's not yours nor theirs.

THE END