lxx.

later.

you didn't know how long it'd been since the night that dohyon climbed through your window; it had all gone in a blur. but ever since yoongi had said he would protect you, your relationship had only grown. a day or two after what you'd begun calling 'The Incident,' hyeon called you after getting a call from the police. they'd caught dohyon and he was currently being processed and being sent to a high security prison just outside the city borders. he was almost screaming with joy, hyeon was, that is.

you had never been more grateful towards the universe. at least from prison, he couldn't cause any more trouble. after thinking it over, you definitely knew it wasn't okay for him to come after you. you'd basically saved his life all through middle school and high school, and now he was threatening murder because you hadn't repaid him? either you were missing an enormous gap in the story, or he was seriously fucked up. like, more than you thought.

you were sitting on your new couch, sipping a warm cup of tea as yoongi read a book peacefully beside you. the rhythmic turning of the pages was almost sending you into a trance as you looked around at your new apartment. after the incident, yoongi had insisted that you and jin-ae stay with the boys while dohyon was still at large. while you protested at first, you eventually gave in.

a little while after, when you and jin-ae were back at home, a letter came in the mail for you. you opened it to find a contract and an offering to join BigHit secured inside. when you talked to yoongi about it, literally the minute you opened the letter, you were surprised to find he was just as surprised as you were. you half expected that he recommended you. but when you went in to the interview on the date listed with the CEO, you found out that they had seen your ballad performance and wanted to hire you as a ballad singer instead of a full time idol due to your leg. once you'd scraped your jaw off the floor, you accepted.

during your small time of celebration afterwards, someone within the company leaked that you were, in fact, dating yoongi and that you'd just signed on with them. you didn't want to go outside. at all. you were so paranoid that people knew where you lived from when you openly displayed your address in the park. yoongi himself had to be kept out off a few fan events due to risks of his safety. it was late at night when the two of you were talking that he offered to buy you a new apartment. he'd been looking already and had found this nice apartment near where the boys lived. it was up a few flights of stairs, but that wouldn't be too much of a problem since now, you had been degraded from crutches to a walking stick. apparently, no matter how much physical therapy you did, you wouldn't be able to walk easily without it.

it wouldn't be a problem, since jin-ae was leaving for university. min-hyuk was apparently rich, and his parents offered to pay for jin-ae's accommodation after seeing what a lovely girl she was when she went to dinner with them once. after you finished making all the sugar daddy jokes, which jin-ae immediately retaliated with her own, you said she was good to go over with him.

so now it was just you and yoongi. when he wasn't over, and he usually was, it was extremely lonely. so lonely that you begged hoseok for the boys' Netflix account as payment for waking you up at four in the morning all that time ago. you'd had more than your fair share of daytime tv. when you weren't on the couch with a bag of chips and a drama on, you were in the guest bedroom, which you had turned into a studio. you decided to properly record your ballad from the performance and maybe add it on a future album. not like you were getting ahead of yourself or anything, though.

eventually, the fans calmed down, leaving the two of you to continue on your careers in peace. mostly. there was always going to be hardships. not only at work, but in regular life too. but you knew that you had each other's backs, and there wasn't anything the two of you couldn't do if you put your mind to it. 

yoongi snapped his book shut, jarring you from your reminiscences and making you jump slightly, almost spilling your tea. "did you doze off a bit?" he asked, his tone teasing but his eyes almost the complete opposite. the opposite to when you'd first met, too. they were full now, like there was finally something to live for. nothing made you feel more wanted than that look.

"yeah," you said, a yawn cutting you off  halfway through. yoongi chuckled, plucking the cup from your hand and placing it next to where your feet rested on the coffee table as he got up to put his book away. "i'm hungry." you whined, feeling around for your walking stick, which was just out of reach.

"it's alright, old lady, i'll get something for you." yoongi rolled his eyes. "want a cookie?"

"yes, always. i'll never say no to cookies."

yoongi handed over a fortune cookie, sitting down next to you with his own. you almost snatched the cookie from his hands in your haste to eat it, but suddenly stopped and burst out laughing. "what? what is it?" yoongi asked, clearly concerned.

"looks like my fortune cookie was right."

fin.