8 - A background character

"Are we done yet? I'm boredddd.. Shinobu wanna go shop together?" Nobara laid down her desk, tired. 

"Sure! Only if you buy me food." Shinobu smirked. 

Nobara rolled her eyes and groaned, "Pass." Shinobu giggled, "I heard from  Igichi-san that Nii-san is going overseas for a week so I need to do stuff behalf of him while he's away, meaning I have to finish my work before doing his."

"Is that your way of saying you're busy?" Megumi butted in.

"Yes." Shinobu smiled brightly. "Why do you need to do that anyway? You're not his replacement, right? Are you forced to do it???" Nobara asked.

Shinobu shook her head, "No no... just helping him out, you know."

"Doesn't sound like fun though."   

"What doesn't sound like fun?" Yuuji asked as he just opened the door. "I found sensei!"

"Yo!"

"Aren't you suppose to be the one to come here?" Megumi asked, a bit irked.

"Sorry, sorry.. I was busy getting some work for you guys, well actually for Shinobu." Gojo said.

"Waahhh I'm jealous, I need the money so I can buy this DVD." Yuuji said.

"I think it's nothing to be jealous of Yuuji-kun." Shinobu sweatdropped. "We can talk later cause I'm told to teach you guys about curse energy or something." Gojo said.

"I still can't believe he's a teacher." Nobara said.

"Same." Shinobu and Megumi simultaneously replied while Yuuji was the only one excited. 

----- one week later ----- 

Shinobu looked at her watch, "Well, I need to go. I don't want to hear any nagging from Satoru-nii." 

"Take care." Megumi said automatically while being on his phone.

"Yeah, take care...OH! can you buy me some face cream?" Nobara asked. 

"I'll see if I have time to." 

Shinobu was about to leave the lounge room before Yuuji grabbed her arm. "Here an umbrella! News' said it's gonna rain."

It took a second for Shinobu to react to Yuuji, "Oh... Thanks.."

"Take care okay!" Yuuji smiled. 

"Yeah.." Shinobu finally opened the door and left the room. After closing the door, she questioned her reaction. "What the hell was that?" While walking away, she bumped into someone.

"Gomen-Ah Ijichi-san." 

"Oh... Shinobu-kun, I-I thought you were at the site already." Ijichi said.

"I'm going now." Shinobu said and bowed. "Suspicious..." she thought. Shinobu continued her way but stopped after she turned a corner and fully be out of Ijichi's sight. 

--

 "Where are you going?" Shinobu asked while looking out the window. She was watching Yuuji and Megumi have a friendly argument. 

"I'm just gonna check on Yuuta-kun...I'll be gone for a week or so." Satoru said, leaning back near the window. "And?"

"And?" Satoru asked. "What do you want me to do?" 

"Nothing big, just keep an eye on Yuuji and the school. They might-"  Satoru said, he turned to Shinobu and followed where she was looking. "Neee... are you growing fond of Yuuji-kun?"